• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Legoland Windsor

It doesnt matter, segregation shouldnt be allowed in this day and age.

Whether its private hire or not, there should still be limits on what is deemed acceptable and what isnt. We are against Apartheid in South Africa (or anywhere else for that matter) - personally, I dont see any difference between white and coloured, men and women, all should be treated equal.

Are you therefore, suggesting that if someone hires it, they can do whatever they want?

As for mosques, yes, I am against any form of segregation. Private or not, its backwards, men and women should be treated the same. No different to sexuality, but thats a different debate again.

I can't remember there being any mention anywhere that visitors on the day would be segregated? Strikes me as extremely unlikely that that would've been the case...

The LEGO Movie is coming to the park - well, sort of.

Emmet and Wyldstyle are going to be in the park for a meet and greet on the opening weekend, though only for an hour each day, and they are doing some other minor bits. The first 100 guests each day will also received a special The LEGO Movie gift.

Hopefully, they will see how this goes and introduce something more substantial for the main season - it would be such a missed opportunity otherwise.

Only an hour a day, only 100 guests, sounds a bit poor honestly. At least they're doing something.

Quick question? According to the website at least, the storyline of pirate falls is chaning? What does this mean? Will it be like fairy-tale brook, where they added new models, or is it something else?

HaydenCR said:
Quick question? According to the website at least, the storyline of pirate falls is chaning? What does this mean? Will it be like fairy-tale brook, where they added new models, or is it something else?

Well it has been themed as a pirate graveyard

Seems that the hotel is now closed this weekend. Posted an article up yesterday, but now seen it has been confirmed and covered by the press.

I expect that the threats of action continued as it was expected that some of those who would have gone to the private event would still visit the hotel this weekend. A shame for all of those who had booked this weekend - plenty of unhappy customers on the Facebook page.

Hopefully, this will be the end of it and it won't affect the start of the season.

It seems that there are going to be new trials for rerouting the traffic to the park over the April and May bank holidays.

Having read through the plans, they are moving all of the major traffic away from the northern route in and taking it all south. I am surprised they are moving all of the traffic south, as I would have thought they would do a split approach to manage all routes.

I can only guess that they have decided that they will get less problems with neighbours if they move the traffic to the less populated southern routes.

They have also confirmed new signage, new markings, internal turning spaces and more staff/social media info.

Having travelled to the site from the north and south, I would think sending trafic south is a bad idea, it already gets blocked up as cars from the north get priority at the roundabout, a good soloution IMO would be to create a roundabout avoider for traffic going into legoland, make a short strech of the southern approach dual carriage way and find a simpler way of merging traffic as it comes onto the legoland site.

Whatever they do, they are going to get congestion - the benefit of the south entrance is less people will moan.

The other benefit is that if they did put in a slip road as you suggest to avoid the roundabout, which is the pinch point in the area and would appease locals if it traffic was removed quicker, the southern routes are the only way this can be done, as northern routes will still have to go around the roundabout.

If I was them, I would consider moving the staff car park, putting in a slip road and then also use this area to get cars off the network and effectively extend the internal road to provide more capacity whilst people park up.

For the end of the day, it is hard to control the traffic, as they can't do much with the network. I would spread the load across all routes and manage the release of cars onto the network by using spotters to monitor traffic and stacking again.

They have said they are negotiating to add extra entrances/exits, so hopefully, one will be along these lines.

Unfortunetley Legolands congestion issue has very little to do with the parks design. There's a set of traffic lights in Windsor (on the way to the M4) that is poorly timed with those around it and simply can't cope. Having lived next to said lights I've seen the problem it causes during the morning and evening commute as well as when the parks busy (even worse when the two happen at once).

This is why they want to divert all traffic the other way.

I thought they were intending on bringing all the traffic down to these lights? As they proven over october half time with a different phasing of the lights that they could eradicate the queues even when park was at capacity?

This week is quiet but after this weekend it will get busy.

Word of advise if you can avoid any time when the schools are out do. Legoland tends to go between dead quite during term time and crazy rammed when not!

9th of May sounds like it should be part of a quiet week.

Legoland Windsor's official Facebook page said:
Unfortunately two lanes are currently closed on the M4, westbound, following an accident. Please bear this in mind when exiting the park and do expect delays.

Star Wars will be open for an extra half an hour so why not take a leisurely stroll up the hill and avoid the traffic.

Good to see them leaving Star wars open an extra half hour, will mean families are less likely to complain about poor traffic etc.

A few bits of news:

• The traffic trials seems to be going well in the view of the council and park, even with extended hours over Easter suggested big numbers (though not necessarily those who have plenty of traffic going past their houses)
  • Castaway Camp has been delayed until the end of the month due to the weather
  • Rainy day guarantee has come to the park
  • A new garden for the RSPB is being created to open later this week

I am sure they are pleased with the success of the trial, as they will need to get the situation sorted before trying to get any new attractions.

Apologies for two posts in a row...but fingers crossed, I seem to have come across an exclusive! (Hope my Google skills haven't failed me...)

The park have applied for planning permission for a haunted house within the land of Orient Expedition. It will be a drop ride, with 2 x 20 seat arms dropping between 8 and 10 metres. It appears to be drawing on the new haunted house at Legoland Billund.

As there is too much for a post on here, here is a link (hope the team don't mind): http://llwfansite.wordpress.com/2014/05/12/legoland-windsor-applies-for-haunted-house-permission/

Looks good - though they have to get over the traffic!

Ah... and I remember all the criticism last year that Windsor would never build something like this ;)

See, one part of me wants to say 'Great another Merlin cookie-cutter investment', but another part of me is very excited to see how this turns out. It looks like it could be really fun.

Mind you, it is basically a Lego version of Sub Terra.

Well that one seemed to slip through! Windsor actually getting a "thrill" ride!

At first I thought it looked very good looking at the plans, then I notice one whole side is themed in Merlin style AKA run down, tatty, left to rot, boarded up, scaffolding, CHEAP, etc. Does anyone know if the other one is themed the same, or is this just a lazy UK approach?