• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Legoland Windsor

Considering it mentions social distancing, I'm pretty sure it's just not been removed from the restrictions. Would have thought singles would be batched with another party now.
That is exactly what I'm thinking! I would've thought they would batch a single rider with another group.

It seems bonkers if this is a thing 😱

That is exactly what I'm thinking! I would've thought they would batch a single rider with another group.

It seems bonkers if this is a thing 😱

I can't realistically imagine them turning you away at the point of boarding but equally it does separately from the social distancing mention a minimum of. 2 adults per boat so there could be an operational reason.

If it's like how Raft Racers used to be the balance of the boat might require at least 1 person in the front and back. Otherwise the boat could drag in the trough or drop. That seems like the most likley reason for needing a minimum of 2 riders.

Combining that with a no single riders rule does appear to be a hangover from Covid, In which 2 separate family's couldn't be placed together. Although the first rule implies the second sometimes it is best to make it clear, especially when staff are likley to get challenged by it a lot. It's not uncommon for only 1 person in a group to want to go on a water ride.

I'm sure if you went on it as a single rider now they'd just try and batch you with another small group. But I don't know for sure, best to ask someone before joining the queue.

I wonder then if the real reason for this rule is the narrow gangway that connects the queue to the turntable? Unlike... (oh wow, I've just realised there are no other log flumes left in the UK that I can think of as a good comparison)... Congo River Rapids, there is only a tiny hub in the centre of the turntable. As a result batching at that point is very tricky.
Maybe they've had trouble in the past with people having grouping issues on the turntable, resulting in ride downtime.
Even if the groups are being batched by another member of staff before crossing the gangway I know it's not uncommon for groups to decide for themselves they'd rather be in two separate boats after the batcher, in the hope the loader won't mind (which of course they will).

Sounds like another potential over the top Legoland rule. Who as a Park seem the most over the top with H&S in all the places I’ve visited.

I remember years ago visiting and going on Pirate Falls alone several times, without any problems. Only reasons I can think they’d introduce such a rule is because it’s easier for a lone rider to get out of a ride vehicle more easily.

Last edited:
Have Legoland always had RAW Ev chargers or are these the first of the new Merlin deal to go online?

Looking online they have:
24 chargers (12 units with 2 sockets each) in the main car park
10 chargers (5 units with 2 sockets each) in the hotel car parks
4 chargers (2 units with 2 sockets each) in the staff car park

All the chargers are Type2 22kW chargers at £0.62 price per kWh

Whilst more chargers is always better this seems like an almost perfect starter setup for a themepark, hoping the other Merlin parks follow suit.

Last edited:
Chessington seem to be getting more EV chargers installed. Not sure what the future plan is but they seem to have taken a row of blue badge spaces to install these.

Chessington seem to be getting more EV chargers installed. Not sure what the future plan is but they seem to have taken a row of blue badge spaces to install these.

Do you mean Legoland as per the post above? Chessington only have a handful of never available Blue Badge spaces as it is, giving half of them to EV seems unwise.

Do you mean Legoland as per the post above? Chessington only have a handful of never available Blue Badge spaces as it is, giving half of them to EV seems unwise.
Nope definitely Chessington. There used to be 4 short rows of blue badge spaces and three or four spaces right by the hotel. Last few times we have been one of the rows has been fenced off and it looks like they are installing EV chargers.

Circled row shown below. Was definitely not available when we were there a few days ago.

1000002137.jpg
The difference in number of spaces available at Chessington compared to Legoland is amazing.

Last edited:
Nope definitely Chessington. There used to be 4 short rows of blue badge spaces and three or four spaces right by the hotel. Last few times we have been one of the rows has been fenced off and it looks like they are installing EV chargers.

Circled row shown below. Was definitely not available when we were there a few days ago.

1000002137.jpg
The difference in number of spaces available at Chessington compared to Legoland is amazing.

Interesting! Going next week so look forward to not being able to get a spot as usual. Although staff car park is still better than the seagull mud-pit so can't complain.

Have Legoland always had RAW Ev chargers or are these the first of the new Merlin deal to go online?

Looking online they have:
24 chargers (12 units with 2 sockets each) in the main car park
10 chargers (5 units with 2 sockets each) in the hotel car parks
4 chargers (2 units with 2 sockets each) in the staff car park

All the chargers are Type2 22kW chargers at £0.62 price per kWh

Whilst more chargers is always better this seems like an almost perfect starter setup for a themepark, hoping the other Merlin parks follow suit.
They went live within the last week - they are indeed the first of the new deal, with Chessington currently being installed as mentioned about, and others to follow :)

Here's a pov for the new coaster for anyone interested, looks great for Legoland!

The backwards section looks far more dynamic than on the equivalent Vekomas due to the addition of drive wheels on the spike.

Concerning seeing the station completely empty as the train goes through - have they repeated the mistakes Chessington made on MM?
Think that POV was recorded before it opened.

Do we have clarity on if you can pick which track you ride?

Also seems they've learned nothing from Mandrill and they're not letting people wait in the station till the ride has finished because the air-gates are low. Almost positive you can wait at other parks versions of this ride although the platform looks especially small.

Last edited: