• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Lewa Happy World 2015: Mack hypercoaster (almost)

Sam

TS Member
Spotted by gavin on CF.

RCDB have updated their listing for a mysterious new Mack opening in China to include the following stats:

Height: 196.8 ft
Speed: 74.6 mph

Given that the current tallest and fastest Mack is Europa-Park's Blue Fire (124.7ft and 62.1 mph), this is a pretty big step up for Mack.

And it's effectively a hyper coaster, 3.2ft off (the drop may be 200ft+). Is this Mack's attempt to do something like EGF...?

I always find it silly that some enthusiasts seem intent on defining coaster types by something as arbitrary as a height figure. As long as it's a tall coaster without inversions and with an emphasis on airtime, it's a hyper coaster in my view.

In any case, Mack are really expanding the capabilities of the Megacoaster. The hyper coaster market has never been so competitive. Now we have Intamin, B&M, Chance, Mack and probably Gerstlauer as well.

I'm in two minds about it really. On the one hand it will probably be an excellent, high quality ride with great reliability. However, for fans of Intamin such as myself, this is potentially a huge problem. Whilst Intamin hypers are basically the world's best steel coasters, they are not necessarily as sensible an investment from the parks' point of view. We can't have these crowd-pleasing, reasonably priced, sensible Mack coasters depriving the world of Intamin madness! It's just not on!

Exceptional news from Mack.

I want one in Europe!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

It's such a shame we have a huge language barrier - we're not likely to find much out about this until an intrepid explorer visits once it's open!!

...Unless anyone can ply the Mack Family with a MAP for extra info on a few projects from around the world ;)

Spotted by _koppen on CF

Exciting news from this AirTimers article!

Not only will this coaster be 197ft but it'll also feature inversions (!) with a 50m loop taking the 'biggest inversion' record from Full Throttle!

It feels so odd but nice to see Mack getting into the record breaking game...

Edit: It's confirmed as true because Mack linked to it from their FB account. :)

I can't find another topic so will revive this one.

In the latest issue of Euro Amusement Professional a complete layout has been posted of this coaster.

Summary of what is known so far.
  • Worlds tallest vertical loop
  • Full of airtime
  • Huge zero G roll
  • Track is on site and should be going vertical soon
fullsizerender-1024x335.jpg

Source Theme Park Review
http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=66095&start=140

Holy bananas that looks incredible!! Here are the images for those that don't want to follow the link:

Lewamack.jpg

fullsizerender.jpg

:)

Looks like a beast. Why not just add 3ft to it though so Mack can say they do hypers?

I so wish Blackpool would buy something like this, I know they're a bit knackered financially, but surely it's long since time for another big investment?

200 foot tall, inversions, airtime, Mack trains and restraints, everything is perfect apart from it being in a park half the world away.

It really is enormous for Mack! I hope it doesn't rattle because although it's not severe on any of their coasters, there is *some* on Helix and Alpina Blitz.

Europa-Park should get another along with Silver Star.

Mega Coaster with loops I say!

:D

I was going to ask if there are any big rides that don't. As a serious question not sarcasm for once.

Silver Star doesn't aside from the bottom of the first drop.

Hopefully Mack will get it sorted!

:D

RCDB has some updated states for this coaster and we have a confirmed name: Lightning.

Capacity: 1,040 riders per hour

Length: 4,176.5 ft
Height: 200.2 ft
Drop: 190.3 ft
Inversions: 2
Speed: 71.5 mph
Duration: 2:08
G-Force: 4.2
Elements: Chain Lift Hill, Loop, Zero-G Roll

Trains: 2 trains with 6 cars per train. Riders are arranged 2 across in 2 rows for a total of 24 riders per train.

Vertical construction has also started, here are some photos from CoasterForce:

Mackup1.jpg

Mackup2.jpg

Mackup3.jpg

Mackup4.jpg

Mackup5.jpg

thumb_image_11255.jpg

Not a fan of the colour scheme but great to see a massive Mack rising from the ground!

:)