• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Lightwater Valley

Ahh yes, Simon mentioned to me that he was looking to try and wean the park off its use of generic pop music in themed areas. :)

What a lovely name for a ride! I can't wait to see what this one looks like, it could be a right gem. :)

Yeah it's that hidden warehouse, you're usually distracted by that awful kids ride with the constantly moving umbrella thing.

Thanks Nathan. It will be interesting to see how their efforts compare to Pleasure Island's similar project. I suspect the latter's has a larger budget, so let's see if Lightwater Valley can out-create them.

Time for Capital letters:

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE THIS PARK SOME MONEY ALREADY!!!!

Come on lads, let's have a whip round. They even care about theming a tractor ride properly lol!!

At first, I was a bit disappointed, "argh, no thrill ride again" - but families go for days out, just for a petting zoo, to throw in some accommodation, EVENING ENTERTAINMENT FOR FAMILIES *ahem*, and lots of kids rides with a couple decent (apparently) older kids rides - fair play I hope it goes very well for them.

Another nod in the direction of the enthusiast community too with the music. Perhaps Thorpe may like to pay for a consultation with us eh?

Well done again LWV. Wish you the best :)

I love the thought of custom music! In some areas the pop tunes worked, but in others it got a bit irritating.

I'll always treasure the memory of being on their Topscan, fully loaded, with all of us singing along to The Rockafeller Skank. :D

Smashing little park. Can't wait to get back there, hopefully with TST North.

Re: Re: Lightwater Valley

thefatone said:
Yeah it's that hidden warehouse, you're usually distracted by that awful kids ride with the constantly moving umbrella thing.
it's even more hidden than that - it's in the area where the toilets are when you have paid your entrance. It's near the lockers.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Yes, there was a small magic show inside there also. It was most recently used for the Underworld maze during Frightwater Valley.

It was for magic shows, and bizarrely a maze, where youngsters would sit on hay-bales, and be entertained by Magic Marc. The theatre is actually pretty decent, and if you are curious as to what it looks like, I think there is a clip of it on Valley Mania's Youtube channel, on the history of Lightwater Valley video. 'Thrills in the Valley.'

859798_10151313519130292_248317796_o.jpg

Put on Facebook by Lightwater, the other day. I thought I'd share it with you guys as it is really quite pretty.

This park is such a little gem. I hope that they continue to develop and grow, step by step. I predict that the new Holiday Village will elevate their revenue where they can start to play with the big boys. At this point, their distinctive charm and exemplary custom service should carry them above Flamingo Land and allow expansion to begin.

Looks like they're taking down The Twister?

Edit: Yeah, if you have looked at the pic below, you'd see it even clearer:

521526_10151313520735292_197080253_n.jpg

'bout time they got rid of that.

Also, is this Helter Skelter new:

11336_10151307712050292_427233597_n.jpg

Looks similar to the one that was at Pleasure Wood Hills?

Interesting about Twister, maybe it's on the move within the park? (Don't know where they could put it though.)

I wouldn't have thought they'd remove it, at least not without another coaster replacing it, one less coaster would be a pretty hard blow for the park I'd have thought. :(

(Can't believe I just felt down over the possible removal of a Reverchon Spinner, WTF!) ;)

I understand it's just a full strip down that hasn't been done for a while.

-Sent from a mobile phone-

Ah, makes sense. Cheers Tom. :)

It looked to be in pretty good condition when I went, glad to see LWV are looking after it well. Other parks seem to leave these models to rot.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:-O

This is terrible news. By improving the ride, they'll destroy what makes it so amazing. It's not supposed to be a good coaster, that's not the point!

To anyone who hasn't ridden the Ultimate yet, it's essential that you get on it this year or you risk missing out on the most unrefined, insane, out of control, uniquely brilliant coaster in existence.

I had no intention of heading up there for the North meet, but I don't think I have a choice now...