• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Lightwater Valley

If you can actually load kids in to giant slingshots and hurl them head first into logs, then this might just be acceptable...

If they wanted to make a play area themed to a game then something like a Mario theme might have been better (assuming they could afford it). The green pipes would be great to crawl through and they could have foam Block / Mystery Block / Prize Block things added around the area for kids to jump up at too. :p

Had an email today half price entry online with a code for subscribers.

£14 all Easter.

Very tempted!

badlydrawnkelBel said:
TheMan said:

£14 all Easter.

Very tempted!

Very tempting :)

New Hair?? NICE!

I'm very, very tempted... ;D

Themeparkmania said:
Thats a very good deal! How long is it valid for?

Email says Up until and including 14th April, get signed up to their mailing list and get a code! :)

This is the second fantastic offer I have had, and they by no means spam your email.

LWV Email lists? You're doing it right! :)

TheMan said:
badlydrawnkelBel said:
TheMan said:

£14 all Easter.

Very tempted!

Very tempting :)

New Hair?? NICE!

I'm very, very tempted... ;D

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha thank you but not new hair......not until Saturday anyways! But thank you for noticing I actually did my hair ;-)

badlydrawnkelBel said:
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha thank you but not new hair......not until Saturday anyways! But thank you for noticing I actually did my hair ;-)

I make even great blokes look bad, I notice your hair cuts before you have even had them!!

;D

Aaaaaaaaaaanyway hahaha ;D - how about that price eh? Tons of people exclaiming about price, I suggested Towers drop ticket prices to get people in during a bad economy.

Question is...

Why are Merlin pretty much now the only ones not doing it?

That can go in the other thread, though I know the answer, and it has to be with heads, and bottoms, and various means of implanting one within the other :twirly:

No one else tempted for a day out cheaper than a pizza for goodness sake? What more can you ask? It's by far the best value day out in the UK at that price! Nothing touches it - If I lived closer, that would get me in there no worries and may even convince me to take a (VERY) long drive!

Lordy said:
Why are Merlin pretty much now the only ones not doing it?

Merlin have BOGOF's that last for 95% of the year. This offer is on for 2 weeks....

Right? That is a voucher scheme that you cannot book online with, are reliant on going with other people, therefore requires scheduling and planning - which most people struggle with being busy. I relied on those last year, was an absolute mission - and also, half of £53 including parking isn't £14.

Also like I say, parks are now going cheaper of half price deals, which makes it so much easier to go on the off chance without needing other people, or people without annual passes, or... etc etc.

So point still stands.

and also, half of £53 including parking isn't £14

Um.... so?

If LWV is worth £14, Alton is at the very least worth double that....

And the reason some of these smaller parks put out these half prices offers is beacuse they realise that they're charging WAY too much. £32 for Drayton is bad enough, but £28 for Lightwater is daylight robbery!

Lordy said:
and also, half of £53 including parking isn't £14

Um.... so?

If LWV is worth £14, Alton is at the very least worth double that....

And the reason some of these smaller parks put out these half prices offers is beacuse they realise that they're charging WAY too much. £32 for Drayton is bad enough, but £28 for Lightwater is daylight robbery!

Yes AT is easily worth £28. It isn't however, worth anything like £53. LWV standard price VS Alton Towers standard price is nearly HALF. How on Earth is it not worth half the money?

And the point is by the way, that it is an Easter deal to get people in - made that clear, and DMP have one for 20 quid, which it is also more than worth.

Show me Alton Towers half price offers?

BOGOF does not include parking either does it?

So, let us summarise... you cannot go on your own, you need to wait for mates, and you also still have to pay full price extortionate parking fees.

LWV is 14 pounds online with their offer with free parking. That hands down, smashes any of the competition right now, and right now, is where we are, and right now is what I am talking about and highly commending LWV for as an enthusiast.

Should be no nonsense, just the sound of you repeatedly placing your hands together in a percussive fashion.

That hands down, smashes any of the competition right now, and right now, is where we are, and right now is what I am talking about and highly commending LWV for as an enthusiast.

The price does yes, but what the park offers doesn't. What's the point in raving on about an amazing price, if the place is crap?

LWV isn't comparible to the likes of Merlin anyway, so it's pointless discussing that. LWV is on the same level as the likes of Pleasure Wood Hills and Pleasure Island. Yet it's priced as if it's on the same level as Drayton Manor and Flamingo Land!

I just hope they haven't shoot themselves in foot by charging so much.

Lordy said:
That hands down, smashes any of the competition right now, and right now, is where we are, and right now is what I am talking about and highly commending LWV for as an enthusiast.

The price does yes, but what the park offers doesn't. What's the point in raving on about an amazing price, if the place is crap?

LWV isn't comparible to the likes of Merlin anyway, so it's pointless discussing that. LWV is on the same level as the likes of Pleasure Wood Hills and Pleasure Island. Yet it's priced as if it's on the same level as Drayton Manor and Flamingo Land!

I just hope they haven't shoot themselves in foot by charging so much.

£14 though? A bucket of KFC lol! Worth that easy. ;D

Good points though about the rest for normal pricing. They're all making a bit of a pigs ear out of it at the moment really.

Lightwater have raised their on the day prices to £28 this year though which is a £5 increase from last year. The way I see it, this increase is to inflate the on the day price to make these kind of 50% offers available. I predict, and I hope I am wrong, that you will see offers like this all year from Lightwater.

Is £14 a good price? Yes, but at the end of the day £23 for Alton is a lot better. Lightwater do not have anything of major quality, apart from Raptor Attack that is. Coaster wise there is only the Ultimate and Raptor Attack worthy of a mention, whereas at Alton, you have the likes of Nemesis and the Smiler (when ready). Of course only my opinion.

PeteA said:
Lightwater have raised their on the day prices to £28 this year though which is a £5 increase from last year. The way I see it, this increase is to inflate the on the day price to make these kind of 50% offers available. I predict, and I hope I am wrong, that you will see offers like this all year from Lightwater.

Is £14 a good price? Yes, but at the end of the day £23 for Alton is a lot better. Lightwater do not have anything of major quality, apart from Raptor Attack that is. Coaster wise there is only the Ultimate and Raptor Attack worthy of a mention, whereas at Alton, you have the likes of Nemesis and the Smiler (when ready). Of course only my opinion.

It isn't though is it, even if two of you do manage to go, the inconvenience and mare to plan taken into account, with parking split between two it works out closer to £27 each.

If you fancy just popping along for the day, what do you do? You don't lol!

£14 is dirt, dirt cheap. Of course, fuel to get there isn't.

£14 is cheap, but see what you think after you have been there. Its not that good and I dont understand the love for the place. Make sure you go into the toilets near the Ultimate when you go !!

Would I pay £14 for a ticket to Lightwater or £23.30 for a ticket to Alton using a 50% off coupon I have (not a bogof)? Parking at Alton wouldnt come into it, as I dont pay it. I just wait in the hotels until the staff have gone home !!! :)

For me, someone who doesnt have a Merlin pass, it would be a trip to Alton ANYTIME... Again, just my opinion

TheMan said:
£14 is dirt, dirt cheap. Of course, fuel to get there isn't.

I completely agree, but that depends on where in the country you live ;) AT is a 2.5hr drive for me!

I live a matter of 20mins away from LWV, which is great. Its cheap to get in and its cheap and cheerful inside. Of course its nothing like AT, I dont think anyone would really compare the two, but its like comparing Disney World with AT. Because they have the power of Disney behind them they can charge even less than AT for entry! But I wouldnt go around criticising AT for that.

At the end of the day, LWV is a much smaller park than AT, but it will still have a lot of the overheads and therefore has to charge a reasonable price. Im surprised they can charge as little as they do.

Location is massively important. I could go to LWV every weekend if I wanted, but even if AT were free to go to petrol is a big consideration as well as parking. And if nothing else the time is an issue. Organising a trip to Thorpe Park for June (never been - excited!) and having to arrange a night at a Travelodge because its a 4 and a bit hr drive. Dont want to have to set off at 4.30! The whole trip, even with BOGOFs is going to be about £55 plus food...