• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Lightwater Valley

Light water valley has the problem of feeling to temporary so maybe they should save up and invest in more permanent rides than the rocket 🚀 🚀 🚀

Depends what the swashbuckling pirate chappie means by flats.
The park now is pretty much flats, from a thoosie perspective.
And they have had planning twice for the lodges, but never used them.
I miss t'Ultimate.
Ridiculous ride, heaven and hell all mixed into one, completed courtesy of British Rail.
And people say the National is rough.

Errrrm is the rocket coaster up for sale already after 1 season 🤯
That’s surprising; it only opened earlier this year. I wonder why they’re already selling it?

In fact, I actually had to check RCDB to see if it had opened in the first place, as I didn’t remember it opening… apparently it opened in May!

Interesting that Rideszone lists it as being manufactured in 2016 but RCDB lists it as operating as Cyclone at Skypark in Bulgaria from 2013 before it was at Camel Creek?

Any park that bulldozes one of the most unique and beloved coasters on the planet deserves to fail. They had ONE ride worth visiting for, and another that was quite fun once you're there, but not worth visiting for alone. Now they have nothing but shame and regret. And that's more than they deserve.

Interested to see how reliably Rocket ran this season and how much downtime it had?

Was there issues that weren't foreseen when bought and the park is cutting it's losses already?

Amazed it is happening so quick!

Interested to see how reliably Rocket ran this season and how much downtime it had?

Was there issues that weren't foreseen when bought and the park is cutting it's losses already?

Since the Brighton Pier Group bought the park in 2021 there have been a couple of attractions that seem to have only come in for a season. When I visited two years ago there was a Scrambler/Twist and a dodgems that had been bought in that year and neither of those are currently on the parks list of attractions for this year on their website.

So I do wonder if the park picked up Airbender for pennies from the proverbial scrap heap with the intention of only running it for this season and then flogging it before it fell apart.

Believe they had to change the date for when it opened because there were having problems getting it open and apparently due to the low capacity of the ride it always has super long queues for it.

Since the Brighton Pier Group bought the park in 2021 there have been a couple of attractions that seem to have only come in for a season. When I visited two years ago there was a Scrambler/Twist and a dodgems that had been bought in that year and neither of those are currently on the parks list of attractions for this year on their website.

So I do wonder if the park picked up Airbender for pennies from the proverbial scrap heap with the intention of only running it for this season and then flogging it before it fell apart.
I see from Coasterpedia that Lightwater Valley had history of leasing fairground rides from travelling operators much like how Towers leased the Retrosquad. This was certainty how they have bought in Dodgems, Waltzer and a Twist ride in the last few years.

I didn't think Airbender/Rocket was leased from a travelling fair as it came from Camel Creek directly.

Believe they had to change the date for when it opened because there were having problems getting it open and apparently due to the low capacity of the ride it always has super long queues for it.

Sounds like it was one of those rides that they were hoping would be a hit but didn't work out due to reliability and capacity issues... It doesn't surprise me they're cutting their losses so soon.

IMG_8551.jpeg

Looking at some reviews on Tripadvisor it seems that the Rocket has been down for a while now, and what with it being listed for sale on Ridezone I do wonder if that’s it for the ride at the park and how“unforeseen” the circumstances actually were.

Double post but that looks like that is it for the Rocket. The ride page for The Rocket now goes to a 404 error and searching for the page on Google comes up with this.
lightwater-valley-the-rocket-Google-Search.png
So the ride sat SBNO for a couple of years at Camel Creek, was bought and opened up in May after delays, was listed for sale on Ridezone pretty much straight away, and now sits SBNO again. What a joke by the owners, so much for growing the park.

Last edited:
Oh, but it meant they could put "New Family Rollercoaster" on their adverts...like Southport do, then never open the bloody thing.
Quality provision for all the family.