• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Lightwater Valley

"twists, turns and spins" probably a Reverchon spinning coaster as you say. Nothing on RCDB about this, was hoping that would have more info!
I would say a Reverchon spinner is unlikely as their original one was removed a few years ago following an accident. I wouldn't be surprised if it's just an SBF Visa spinner.

Last edited:
Ah the Bulgarian coaster. Not sure where the link is between LWVs description and the ride itself is? As Rob says, doesn't spin. If it's correct then at least I still don't have to go to LWV.

"twists, turns and spins" probably a Reverchon spinning coaster as you say. Nothing on RCDB about this, was hoping that would have more info!

I’m not sure where the reference to this ride spinning has come from. The ride page from the Lightwater Valley website says the following without any reference to spinning:

“Space helmets on, set your orbit for Lightwater Valley and let's get intergalactic!

Embark on an out of this world adventure and soar above the park on The Rocket Rollercoaster.

With gravity defying twists and turns, this coaster is perfect for the older kids looking for adrenaline!”

Also looking at the Rides & Attractions page of the website there’s no mention of the Scrambler, the Waltzers, or the Dodgems that were there when I last visited in 2022 looks like they’ve all gone. But the thing that is really sad is that the excellent Tree Top Trail Adventure nets course has closed, that was a fantastic attraction at the park and I think it’s going to be really missed. There’s a statement about the reason for its closure on their website.

This was posted by the park last year so it seems that it was shut for the 2023 season but seeing as the park have updated their 2024 ride lineup and this is missing from it then I’m assuming it’s gone for good.

I’m not sure where the reference to this ride spinning has come from. The ride page from the Lightwater Valley website says the following without any reference to spinning:

“Space helmets on, set your orbit for Lightwater Valley and let's get intergalactic!

Embark on an out of this world adventure and soar above the park on The Rocket Rollercoaster.

With gravity defying twists and turns, this coaster is perfect for the older kids looking for adrenaline!”

Also looking at the Rides & Attractions page of the website there’s no mention of the Scrambler, the Waltzers, or the Dodgems that were there when I last visited in 2022 looks like they’ve all gone. But the thing that is really sad is that the excellent Tree Top Trail Adventure nets course has closed, that was a fantastic attraction at the park and I think it’s going to be really missed. There’s a statement about the reason for its closure on their website.

This was posted by the park last year so it seems that it was shut for the 2023 season but seeing as the park have updated their 2024 ride lineup and this is missing from it then I’m assuming it’s gone for good.
That's quite a bit closed. The park seems to be in a death spiral that reminds me alot of Camelot. The current trajectory doesn't look good.

Last edited:
I don't know, I didn't make it up though - pretty sure I clicked the link to the announcement on their website, and it was mentioned there. Maybe it's been updated since, don't know.

That's quite a bit closed. The park seems to be in a death spiral that reminds me alot of Camelot. The current trajectory doesn't look good.

From the information that is coming out, I think Death Spiral is a bit OTT. They are certainly trying to transition. With the green light for 31 'Glamping Pods' I would suggest they are moving more in the direction of a young family, budget 'stay and play'. If they can keep adding to the accommodation and maintain a basic family ride offering I am sure they will be fine. They have a good plot of land in a nice area so lots of opportunity.