• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Lightwater Valley

Did you get a glimpse at The Ultimate? Were there any noticeable updates on that front?

No, there are still no signs that it would be brought back to life. The area underneath the station now holds a magic themed gift shop and the “new for 2022 attraction” the Hall Of Mirrors. But really though it’s not that much of an attraction as you might think it is, it’s just a room with a little LED lighting and some of those wobbly trick mirrors that make you look really tall or really short. I had been thinking that it was some kind of mirror maze but it’s nothing that interesting, it’s just something that you’d walk through in a about 30 seconds and not bother with again.

I can’t see The Ultimate reopening again unfortunately, it’s very clear that the new owners are taking the park in a specific direction and I don’t think that an epic long boneshaker coaster is going to be a part of that. I think the park are in a position where it would cost a massive amount to remove it (or at least parts of it such as the big first lift hill) but it would also cost a big amount to get it suitable for use again, and even so it really wouldn’t fit the under 12’s family profile they are aiming the park at now. They desperately do need another coaster there though having had The Ultimate sat SBNO for a few years now and Raptor Attack being removed from the park. Maybe there’s more chance of Raptor Attack being reborn than seeing The Ultimate going again.

And is anything being done with Raptor Attack's building?

It’s still there, if you didn’t know that’s where the ride was you wouldn’t guess it by looking at it, there’s no sign that it hosted such a ride.

It would be very interesting to see exactly what it’s like inside the building now given that the old coaster was taken out. Theoretically you do wonder if it’s possible they could put another similar kind of coaster in there and retool it around a bit. It would be fantastic if it did happen but I’m not sure if that’s the kind of thing that the Brighton Pier Group would even consider.

So it's been discussed before and guess it always will... yet apparently the ultimate did actually run last year...do we think it's run at all still ? Even once a month ? The trains are still in the station...

So it's been discussed before and guess it always will... yet apparently the ultimate did actually run last year...do we think it's run at all still ? Even once a month ? The trains are still in the station...

Where have you got that it was running last year? It’s been SBNO since 2019. I visited the park last year (August 2021) and it very clearly was not operating, nor had it been for some time. Exactly the same when I visited this year as well, it’s been three years since it gave its last ride.

This is why I asked as I was shocked to hear that it ran too.... I guess they meant purely perhaps as a test run not for the actual public. UK Theme Parks page. I was very shocked hence why I've bumped this thread...I thought it was dead

I went to Lightwater Valley a couple of weeks ago and managed to get a ride on The Ultimate, but I seem to be very lucky with these things. I went to Phantasialand in March and managed to get a ride on Wuze Ball. Judging by the comments on here, both rides are closed a lot.

I went to Lightwater Valley a couple of weeks ago and managed to get a ride on The Ultimate, but I seem to be very lucky with these things. I went to Phantasialand in March and managed to get a ride on Wuze Ball. Judging by the comments on here, both rides are closed a lot.
Err... as @Shaggy_Dog_ stated above, Ulty has been SBNO since 2019!

This is why I asked as I was shocked to hear that it ran too.... I guess they meant purely perhaps as a test run not for the actual public. UK Theme Parks page. I was very shocked hence why I've bumped this thread...I thought it was dead

Do you have a link to this page saying that The Ultimate has been running?

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that they run a train through every now and then, if it runs still and there is some possibility that the ride may have a future of some kind. The American Adventure ran The Missile a few times in 2005 while it was SBNO, but that was mostly motivated by their desire to sell it. Perhaps more pertinently it also didn't have quite the same history in terms of stalling...

If we exclude the possibility of sale (other than for scrap), the rumour would indicate Lightwater Valley do genuinely want the ride to run again. Does anybody know what it is that's blocking it from opening? Operating costs or some sort of required investment?

Of course there is also the distinct possibility that it's a load of rubbish and no such post-Covid run has taken place at all.

Do you have a link to this page saying that The Ultimate has been running?
566C3789-A57F-49F4-B8FE-8621108C0A59.jpeg
If we exclude the possibility of sale (other than for scrap), the rumour would indicate Lightwater Valley do genuinely want the ride to run again. Does anybody know what it is that's blocking it from opening? Operating costs or some sort of required investment?
Ride Rater did an interesting interview with the park’s CEO - she clearly wants it to reopen.

Last edited:
With the state of the brush and scrub, around part two of the course, that hasn't been cleared in three years, and the fact that the ride and train have had no work done on them in three years, I think the chances of the ride completing the circuit without problems are pretty remote.
Facebook, fountain of all knowledge.
No real source, zero evidence, no faith in this report at all.

With the state of the brush and scrub, around part two of the course, that hasn't been cleared in three years, and the fact that the ride and train have had no work done on them in three years, I think the chances of the ride completing the circuit without problems are pretty remote.
Facebook, fountain of all knowledge.
No real source, zero evidence, no faith in this report at all.
I agree hence why I asked last night if any of us had heard anything...

The ride last did a circuit on 20th October 2020 and hasn't moved since.

It doesn't have a generator hooked up.

I was on the last ride to guests on the 20th October. We were there for fireworks and managed to squeeze in one last ride before ride-close. So glad we did as it’s surreal to have unexpectedly been one of the last paying guests to have been on it.