• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Liseberg: General Discussion

Cheapest way would be not to do 3 days in a row at the park either... It just about fills up one day (the hours are peculiar compared to what we are used to), might be worth two days (which they do offer a ticket for)...

Depending on what else you're doing on your trip, probably better off using that 3rd day in Gothenburg moseying around, or visiting the Universeum next door to Liseberg, which is fab...

Cheapest way would be not to do 3 days in a row at the park either... It just about fills up one day (the hours are peculiar compared to what we are used to), might be worth two days (which they do offer a ticket for)...

Depending on what else you're doing on your trip, probably better off using that 3rd day in Gothenburg moseying around, or visiting the Universeum next door to Liseberg, which is fab...

Agree with this, two days is about right. Three days is a bit of a stretch. I’d maybe consider a boat tour around the city’s canals on day three (about £15) or a walk around the Kungsparkem gardens is free and rather pleasant. They’re modelled after the grand English Victorian gardens such as Kew. They’re also right next to where you can jump on the boat tour.

Gothia Towers is very convenient but not good value. If you value location it’s worthwhile, but expect Premier Inn quality rooms for Hilton prices.

Remember your free days entry if you have the likes of an EP or PL annual pass.

I've never been, Mako, but I've seen quite a few people say that Kolmarden and Gröna Lund are good parks to tag along with Liseberg if you were thinking of visiting any other theme parks.

I've been looking at a Sweden trip and decided I can't afford it yet, but there is a bit of distance between Liseberg, Kolmården and Gröna Lund. You'd be covering nearly 300 miles, so you'd have to factor transportation if you wanted to do that. You'd also probably want to fly back from Stockholm rather than Gothenburg.

A few of us did a mini road trip in 2016, picking up a hire car from Gothenburg and dropping it off in Stockholm. It's not cheap though (Sweden rarely is).

I've been looking at a Sweden trip and decided I can't afford it yet, but there is a bit of distance between Liseberg, Kolmården and Gröna Lund. You'd be covering nearly 300 miles, so you'd have to factor transportation if you wanted to do that. You'd also probably want to fly back from Stockholm rather than Gothenburg.
I'm looking into a similar trip next year. Albeit the other-way around Gröna Lund, Kolmården, Liseberg. I've been trying to find out if Kolmården have bag/suitcase storage facilities but have had no luck when contacting the park.

This programme is worryingly sensationalist. I understand they are looking for some excitement, but there’s a way of doing this without resorting to nonsense of this order.

The dramatic music playing as they prune a bush is ridiculous. The ‘incognito’ reviewers who are wearing branded European Coaster Club shirts...

Worst of all though, there’s an animation showing two trains crashing and instantaneously exploding. Apparently this is what happens if the one train doesn’t clear the top hat after the launch!

The closest parks to Liseberg are Skara Sommarland (home of Trananananan, the S&S Free-Fly coaster), and a place called Daftoland (a tiny Pirate themed park with a +1)...

Both are about an hour away by car... You can however do Tusenfryd in a day and back (much closer than Kolmarden and Grona Lund are) but it depends on your transport methods...

Anyone know what the opening times would likely look like during weekdays for the first week in July? Don't think the park have released them yet.

Anyone know what the opening times would likely look like during weekdays for the first week in July? Don't think the park have released them yet.

The park tends to open at 11/12 and closes at 9pm or 11pm. Queues will close earlier so the last rides happen as close to the closing time as possible, which is definitely something that needs to be factored in.

In the saddening absence of Fairy Tale Castle, Liseberg has been left without a dark ride. That is... until 2020.

underland.jpg

The park have confirmed 'Underworld' will be based in the children's area of the park, cost $16.5million, built by Gosetto SRL and will have a throughput of 850pph.

Obviously there's a lot of love for Liseberg around these parts because Helix exists, but this might not actually be any good.

It could be good, but that concept art doesn't fill me with confidence.

Yeah I’ve gotta admit, that concept doesn’t sell it to me whatsoever. They need a dark ride, but that just looks a bit “meh” to be honest.

They are in desperate need of more indoor attractions. However I would have thought such a budget would be better spent bringing a number of smaller scale indoor attractions (4D cinema, motion simulator, mad house etc) to the park rather than a single tracked dark ride. Would have thought that'd be the better option considering their lack of space as well.

Still, hope it'll be good.

It always feels a bit lame using the 'enthusiasts aren't the target audience' line, but don't forget that this is part of their children's area - the Liseberg equivalent of C Beebies Land, Thomas Land etc. Of course a children's ride can still be poor, but this ride definitely isn't being targeted primarily at the Towers Street demographic.