• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Liseberg: General Discussion

Rob

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance
I'm sure I'm not the only one to see what Mack have just posted on their Facebook page!

528548_10151199089698493_1409298154_n.jpg

Looks like Liseberg are getting a Mack Mega Coaster in 2014, with a pretzel loop! I've not yet been able to find any other information on it yet sure but it sure looks exciting!

:)

Re: Liseberg 2014: Project Helix

I think the standard coaster version is a Norwegian Loop ;)

Thanks for the info Rob. This is excellent news and makes me very tempted to plan a return trip.

Judging by the picture the ride will be on the same hill as Lisebergbanan; just to the left of it (you can see the lift hill if you look closely) and to the right of the escalators to the Atmosfear tower.

Also check out their website: :D
http://liseberg.se/sv/moduler/Kampanj-Animationer/Helix/

Edit: Just noticed they've posted the layout:

theproject.jpg

*cries with pure joy*

That layout looks absolutely amazing. Posting it as an image below:

theproject.jpg

Looks like it'll have a second 'booster' launch on the left of that picture. Or is that actually where the station and first (and only) launch will be? The picture isn't very clear.

One thing's for certain: this is by far the biggest project Mack have ever attempted. :D

Oh my! !!!!

Liseberg 2014!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

There will be 2 launches. The ride is also estimated to last 2 minutes.

To quote there site (translated to English):
Project Helix is ​​Liseberg's biggest attraction investment ever. A new roller coaster will it be, the longest and fastest in the park. The ambition is for it to become one of the world's best roller coasters.

This is certainly the Mack ride we've been waiting for! They've spotted the rides potential and are going all out to prove what it can do :)
What's even better this park is only an hour flight from the UK, in the middle of an easy to access city and The Swedish are very fluent in English so if it does end up as good as they claim I can imagine making several return trips!

Oh my god!

This is like a next gen Lisebergbanan!

There are loads of these Macks cropping up now!

This looks astoundingly good. Surely the best coaster in Europe.

Norwegian loop + Blue Fire restraints + on top of Lisbergbanana + launches, heartline rolls and ejector airtime hills = RIDICULOUS

Watch the very end of this video (unless you speak Swedish, then watch it all! :p)

There is a POV that appears to have been slowed down slightly! Gives a good idea of what the ride is going to be like though, plus, I see Blue Fire final inversion! :D

This really does look awesome. It's as if Liseberg and Mack looked at Cheetah Hunt and though is that all Intamin can do. Then they just designed a coaster that looks ten times better!

EDIT:

Another Video which contains a POV and a few off ride shots!

:)

To be fair, Cheetah Hunt was always supposed to be a thrill coaster that families could ride - to complement Montu on that side of the park - I've always thought the heartline roll on it looked out of place. This is clearly aimed at thrill seekers and looks like exactly the kind of ambitious coaster we've been waiting for from Mack since 2009 :)

:eek:

Wow. I need to go to Liseberg and ride this thing once it's built!

Well that just looks a little bit special! The vines in that video remind me of Th13teen, but I doubt theirs will fade as much. :p

BigAl said:
Well that just looks a little bit special! The vines in that video remind me of Th13teen, but I doubt theirs will fade as much. :p
You've just reminded me of something:

I could be wrong but from my experience of Liseberg I don't expect this ride to have a theme. The park is one of those grey areas between a Theme Park and Amusement Park. Each ride has a hint of a story behind it (Balder is the Scandinavian god of Justice, Kanonen is inspired by a stunt man being shot from a canon) but besides the name and a few little details that's as far as the themes go.

So while those videos seem to be hinting at some type of Dark Forest takeover of a technological ride like Th13teen I'd be surprised if we see any which matches that.

This is probably the most exciting ride we will see in Europe for a long time, this looks like one of the best ride layouts for a while as well and it certainly looks like it packs a punch in some areas. :)

I went to Liseberg last year for a day. Yes, a day. I flew there and back in the same day. It's such an easy park to get to and do, so I shall definitely be returning in 2014. Hopefully with my camera's in tow.

Jared said:
I went to Liseberg last year for a day. Yes, a day. I flew there and back in the same day. It's such an easy park to get to and do, so I shall definitely be returning in 2014. Hopefully with my camera's in tow.
I second this. I didn't quite do it in a day because I was visiting Gothenburg at the time anyway but on the last day of the trip I managed a day at the park before catching a flight home, so I know it's possible to do.

Well, this looks AMAZING! I have to say, I have been wanting to go to Liseberg for a while now, and this has just sealed the deal for me, I don't mind waiting another 2 years if it means I can get on this along with all the other epic rides they already have. It just looks perfect in every way, a truly deserving Launch Coaster for the park, unlike the naff little Intamin one they got back in 2005!

Also, going back to the Vines in the videos and promotional stuff, just to throw in some Landscape/plant based knowledge, basically this project translates to Project Ivy :) Just in case anybody was interested ;)

Jared said:

Oh? You never mention it.

Wow, kinda glad I've put off visiting Liseberg yet, what an exciting project this is! The layout is epic and this has a great chance of being a world class coaster. Will certainly be following it closely :D (When will the meet topic be online? ;) )

Rob said:
Watch the very end of this video (unless you speak Swedish, then watch it all! :p)

There are also quite a lot of interesting English parts throughout this video, their creative designer is English and there is an interview with Michael Mack in English! It's worth a full watch :)

Watch the whole video!

Blue Fire YAY!

I will start saving for this trip the ride looks amazing and will be just brilliant :)