• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Live music, gigs, and concerts discussion.

John_P

TS Member
I've searched the forums and surprisingly it seems we don't have a thread for specifically discussing what gigs we're attending or planning on buying tickets for.

To get things started it's been a busy start to 2024 for me.

Went to see Bring Me The Horizon last week at the arena in Liverpool.

Then on Wednesday I saw The Libertines twice, firstly a acoustic show with just Pete and Carl in the new Jacaranda Baltic venue.
Then the full band a few hours later in The Cavern.

On Sunday I'll be back at the Jakaranda Baltic to see Frank Carter and The Rattlesnakes.

Did three gigs in 2023, and they were all excellent. First was Eurovision in May, and six months later was Loreen. The icing on the cake was that I saw Loreen on my birthday. Also went to see Busted in Nottingham. Seeing Alessandra in London in a couple of weeks, and I may or may not be going to Malmö in May...

Last edited:
Only 1 gig for me in 2023. Support acts ranged from meh to terrible, but Bizkit knocked it out of the park. Strange venue but worked out alright.

1706375385330.png

The only live music I've got lined up so far this year is Everything Everything in April at the Junction, Cambridge.

Really like the look of Latitude this year, considering doing that.

1000005273.jpg

Away from music I'm loving the comedy at the moment. Frank Skinner was excellent last week, then got Miles Jupp next week, and in March Stewart Lee and Mike Wozniak.

I went to see Muse in June last year, they were incredible and the support was good too. No plans for this year yet.

I've got some a couple lined up for this year.

Record signing and acoustic set with cast in a couple of weeks. Seeing them again in march. Most enjoy. Taking the wife to see foo fighters. Good husband points and all that.

Last year saw fall out boy. Not a big fan but the show was decent to be fair. Also saw John Power do an acoustic gig in Leeds. Really good.

Thinking about seeing kulA shaker at some point, times and dates for their tour don't match the diary.

Comedy. Ross noble in Leeds in march. Never disappointed leaving a comedy show of his. what I love about him is, I can see him 3 nights on the spin and each show will be different.

Seen 2 artists last year. Seen them both before, Depeche mode were fantastic, yet Kasabian really lack the front man presence after the split. only got one booked right now, Green Day in June (seen them many times) at Old Trafford cricket ground.

The only live music I've got lined up so far this year is Everything Everything in April at the Junction, Cambridge.

Really like the look of Latitude this year, considering doing that.

1000005273.jpg

Away from music I'm loving the comedy at the moment. Frank Skinner was excellent last week, then got Miles Jupp next week, and in March Stewart Lee and Mike Wozniak.
A decent lineup for the first time in a few years, ooooh! I very much like Latitude and recommend it, if you've never been. It is my favourite festival, but the last couple of years have felt a bit too middle of the road and plain (even by Latitude standards). There's a really great vibe there and it's not too full on.

Last year was Bruce at Villa Park and Billy Joel at Hyde Park, combined they wiped out my gig budget.

Think for me in 2023 the highlights were Slam Dunk Festival, The 1975, Elton John, The Coral, Sparks, Arctic Monkeys, Busted, Blink 182, and Creeper.

So far for 2024 I've got lined up -
Enter Shikari
Bowling For Soup/Less Than Jake
Creeper
The Hives
Taylor Swift w/ Paramore supporting
Avril Lavigne
Bruce Springsteen

Reactions: Tom
Drum and Bass is my vice....looking forward to this on the weekend...Bristol know how to party.

1000027855.png

The creme de la creme of dnb, on the creme de la creme of sound systems.....let's go!

Basslines that sound like an out of control B&Q power tool aisle at 200% power.

Seen 2 artists last year. Seen them both before, Depeche mode were fantastic, yet Kasabian really lack the front man presence after the split. only got one booked right now, Green Day in June (seen them many times) at Old Trafford cricket ground.
I saw Depeche mode in Twickenham last year and was due to see them again in Dublin but it was close to another trip abroad. They are excellent.

I saw Depeche mode in Twickenham last year and was due to see them again in Dublin but it was close to another trip abroad. They are excellent.
That’s the gig I was at! And was considering seeing them again in Birmingham. The Twickenham gig was something special.

Great evening tonight at the Victoria Warehouse (which I usually hate) seeing Enter Shikari on their UK tour. A real career spanning set and some amazing production. Seen them countless times now since the first album came out and this is the best I've seen them.

Next up for me is another trip to Manchester this time to see Less Than Jake and Bowling For Soup.

Great evening tonight at the Victoria Warehouse (which I usually hate) seeing Enter Shikari on their UK tour. A real career spanning set and some amazing production. Seen them countless times now since the first album came out and this is the best I've seen them.

Next up for me is another trip to Manchester this time to see Less Than Jake and Bowling For Soup.
Bowling For Soup, what a throwback! That’s a gig I could sign up for.

Just got back from a teeny tiny little gig at crash records in Leeds. John and Keith of cast doing some songs off the incredible new album followed by a signing.

Saw Alessandra at Heaven in London on Friday night. She was absolutely brilliant. There was a medical emergency about halfway through, but she handled it incredibly well. Such a great night.

Bowling For Soup and Less Than Jake were both great, never seem the Manchester Academy so busy!

Bought a ticket for The Libertines when they play Liverpool in October this week as well.