• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

London Dungeons

I think they'll probably do the right thing and let them in the priority queue - the same way they do if there are two people, for example, one with and without a pass (just so long as one is premium). They're mainly doing it for crowd control.

So is their prejudice against standard MAPs going to be a perminant thing then? And how long till it spreads to other attractions?

It seems to be existing only because of the current popularity, it stems the priority queue, therefore allowing the priority to remain a priority and the normal queue still actually move.

Or would you rather all passholders use priority, then slow the main queue to zilch so they have prejudice against them just because they're an on-the-day paying guest/tourist?

It has to be balanced out to be as best as possible for both worlds. Not easy decision, but one I'd agree with. Remember priority is like fastrack, and you're all for cutting fastrack users.

I've just taken a look at the website and it's advising people who haven't pre-booked not to visit!

So if you only have a standard MAP are you considered the same as having not pre-booked? That is very irritating, especially as there doesn't seem to be a way to pre-book a slot as a MAP holder.

That's something that I think seems ridiculously unfair - please someone correct me if I have missed something (I would love to have missed something and got this all wrong).

You could go there and pay the £40 to upgrade your MAP, then you'll be fine :) I did this a few weeks ago from my standard pass, and they even extended it beyond the original date from which it started. So as opposed to it ending in Jan 2014 (I got my standard in Jan of this year) it now ends in the middle of march 2014. Not bad for a £40 upgrade (considering I only paid £99 for the standard pass in the sale). Phew!

As said I think, for the moment, it's just teething problems. Let's see what happens.

I suppose if they let MAP holders pre book a timeslot it would be open to abuse of people not turning up because it's already 'paid for'.

Maybe there could be an upcharge of £5 or something JUST to ensure we aren't turned away? Paying £40 for what will probably be a single visit in the lifetime of my pass (and I doubt I'll use the other Premium perks) seems a bit bonkers - may as well just buy a separate entrance ticket!

The cost of just getting to London is around that of single MAP so I can imagine for a lot of visitors (not just pass holders) it is a really big deal that we could spend all that money getting there and be turned away. When I go to London for the day I really want to get as many activities done as possible, and I'm sure it's not just me who feels that way!

I know it often feels futile but this seems like one of those things it is actually worth writing to them about. I've always had responses from them in the past so I'll give it a go and see what they say (if anything).

Yes. I get good value out of my Premium pass, as I live in London. I can see it being a bit OTT for those outside London who don't have year round attractions.

Do write! Let us know what they say.

If its this popular surely the sensible thing is to open longer, i know there are then staff issues but you make more money.

I asked if they would ever change the opening hours and they said if they did that, people would just not turn up until later in the day and they'd have to pay the staff for a full day and the longer evening hours. It's a difficult situation.

Well I guess they know their business, they should do a dungeons extreme after dark though that would be good.

Just thought of sharing today's ques at the dungeon. It was 2 to 3 hours wait from our point in the que. This was onlyat 9:40 before opening. By the time the doors opened the que was snaking all the way down south bank. We were about halfway around the entire que so I hate to think how long the lower end had to wait. It seems they didn't anticipate how busy it would be. Standard Merlin annual passes holders must still go on the main que. We came past the dungeons in afternoon at around 5:00 and they said the que would now be around 2 hours. A busy busy day. I thought there was an indoor que now. Is this true? We decided not to que and therefore didn't do the dungeons.

I saw Southbank from the opposite side of the Thames...

I didn't want to be over there put it that way...

nickhutson said:
They really, really, really need to revise their opening hours.

Needs to be open until 10pm, at least
Thing is, (as with all your "they should keep x/y/z open until much later" arguments), I really don't imagine they'd have much custom later on in the evening.

Islander said:
nickhutson said:
They really, really, really need to revise their opening hours.

Needs to be open until 10pm, at least
Thing is, (as with all your "they should keep x/y/z open until much later" arguments), I really don't imagine they'd have much custom later on in the evening.

Coupled with the eye they could force it to be, or discounted ticket slots?

A few years back people said there would be no need for a 24hr store in the uk, before that, no need to open Sundays

etc, etc

Even in the height of summer, when the Eye closes around 9/10, it's quite often empty...

I don't know if all midway attractions opening till 10 would make much sense, even at County Hall, since they are dependent on that area being packed... At later times, it really isn't...

I agree with later opening times - but to about 7 or so. Both sealife and dungeons currently close far too early, whereas those additional hour or two will probably help ease things.

London Eye is dead after around this time, so I'd close them as the eye gets quiet. Seems silly them being closed when the eye is still chocka.

To be fair I wouldn't disagree that opening a little later, to 6/7pm, would be a good idea. I just honestly don't see any need for them to open as late as 10pm (or later, as suggested...)