• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

London Entertainment Resort: All Discussion

The size really bothers me. For a UK comparison that's equivalent to (if not slightly smaller than) Chessington, and 3 times smaller than Legoland.

This was always going to be a Theme Park as part of a larger complex but with that size it feels like a tagged on extra rather than the heart of the site.

However looking at the plan It looks as if there's another 15 hectares next door with nothing else planned on so maybe the 21 is just the initial site.

Just spotted some new concept art on their Facebook page:

19705_1639215182976391_6059087368398774628_n.jpg

541537_1639215196309723_3841415511521912819_n.jpg

11062655_1639215316309711_6317031905028947518_n.jpg

22488_1639215336309709_4696676720014947566_n.jpg

More info at https://www.facebook.com/LondonParamountEntertainmentResort

I remember Wardley at the 2014 TT Nemesis talk mentioning that he strongly believed that no-one would be able to create a traditional new theme park (rollercoasters etc etc) to rival Alton Towers in the UK in the near future. I don't believe everything I hear, but he seemed to really mean and believe it (we've also seen the examples in his book that never got off the ground after initial planning). If I remember correctly this was a part of a direct response to a Paramount question. Life happens though, so who knows?

Looks like Kent Online have fallen for this fake Facebook page and published the fake concept art. I have no idea why someone is going to so much effort to produce this fake content, that person must have a very sad life.

:)

That concept art is incredible, but the fact that someone is trying to use it to get a fake facebook page going is stupid. It's the same as making a page about your favourite TV Show or Video Game and posting fanart on it.

The concept art is real it's in the community consultation document that Alastair posted earlier, the fake Facebook page just took them from there.

Well blow me so it is! Apologies, I had not got round to looking at the new documents. I still maintain that it is rather sad to run a duplicate fake Facebook page though! :p

Or perhaps the page owner is a spammer, keen to make some easy free money once the page has generated thousands of unsuspecting followers?

Comments from the consultation are not promising, apparently the land for theme park development is tiny.

There's enough space for a theme park initially, as long as it is very well designed. The concern really is future development, with the site they have there are really locking themselves in as it were. I'll hopefully post something more detailed within the next few days.

I must have been at a different park then over Christmas. Busy, yes, but unable to handle? Nope.

The problem is that the proposed size of the theme park in this case is only a third of the size of Disneyland, which is already small. And then they mention the 40,000 guest numbers.