• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

London Entertainment Resort: All Discussion

Watch out Channel 5, they’ll be knocking on your door looking for IP’s by about 2023.

Can’t wait to be first in line for Cruising with Jane McDonald: the ride.

And you thought It’s a Small World was painful.

NOpou25.jpg

I swear every time ITV have been involved with the theme park industry it has failed miserably.

Who the hell asked for a Hell’s Kitchen Ride, not even Merlin would accept that.

I want a new park in this country a lot but this project has been an absolute mess. All these random IPs in a place what is suppose to be a Disney/Universal style park just doesn't have any flow to it, the place is unsuitable for expansion (assume it even gets built), it's not actually accessible for a lot of the country and those on the continent probably wouldn't make the effort to go and it seems they're not arsed about actually building it. I just want something small like Toverland which still has an incredible quality and has grown throughout the years. The industry in this country is doomed...

Last edited:
Well, I suppose it proves that this project still has motivation behind it, if nothing else! I'm still excited for when it opens in 2024, even though no one else seems to be!

However, ITV seems like a slightly strange choice of IP for the park, in my opinion, especially as the BBC have already signed a contract with LRCH. Some of the shows mentioned in that article... I'm not sure I could imagine them as theme park attractions. For example, I like Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway, but I'm not sure if the concept would work as a theme park attraction. Other than a simulator simulating a Virgin Atlantic flight to Orlando in order to pretend that "you've got a place on the plane", I can't really think of how it would translate to a theme park attraction. I can't really envision Hell's Kitchen either, unless it's a themed dining experience of some sort. Although I'm sure LRCH will have thought all of this through before signing the deal!

I just had a thought; maybe they're turning this into a TV theme park of sorts now that Paramount have dropped out, as they now have BBC, ITV and Aardman all on board!

Well, I suppose it proves that this project still has motivation behind it, if nothing else! I'm still excited for when it opens in 2024, even though no one else seems to be!

Because it won't; your giddy optimism is very much misplaced on this one I'm afraid, Matt.

At best it was a pipe dream that has now become a laughing stock. The only optimism I can muster is that the nail is put in the coffin for this sooner rather than later.

I heard Babestation are interested.

I wasn't sure you were joking, but then I saw this news article from KentLive:

BREAKING: Popular TV channel Babestation in talks to sign deal with £3.5 million Disneyland of Kent

The partnership between the TV channel and the new entertainment resort is expected to help boost the "adult only" offerings.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Adult TV channel Babestation are reportedly close to signing a deal with the new £3.5million theme park to be built near Dartford.

The London Entertainment Resort, which has been dubbed the UK’s answer to Disneyland, will apparently be built in the Swancombe Peninsula.

The resort was originally set to partner with Paramount, who backed out from the deal when they realised "there was absolutely no chance of it being built".

Programme Director for Babestation, Ben Dover, told KentLive: "In order for the London Resort to be successful, they need to be as open-minded as possible when it comes to themes and attractions within the park".

"I believe that our partnership will contribute to the much needed appeal for the adult audience, particularly those looking for a seedy night out elsewhere from the nearby capital city.

London Entertainment Resort Director, Abudulla Al-Humaidi commented: "We are very much looking forward to securing a partnership and working closely with Babestation to bring their identity and much valued content into the resort.

"Guests will be able to immerse themselves in a truly unique, world's first Babestation Land™. You'll be able to have public meet and greets (with the paid option for private ones of course) with some of your favourite characters from the channel".

Attractions proposed for the new land include the Bouncing Buzzums Bouncy Castle, as well as an exclusive 69 room hotel complex.

Abdulla proceeded to promise that guests staying in the hotel would enjoy rooms themed to look "identical in every way to the sets featured on the channel. Every detail will be captured, down to the very realistic looking lighting rigs and camera crews".

He went on to say "guests will be able to enjoy the Babestation Hotel™ two weeks after the park opens, as "I have personally booked it out for my own private enjoyment...".

The new Babestation Land™ and Babestation Hotel™ are set to be major components of the London Entertainment Resort, which will include assets from ITV and Aardman Animations.

The London Entertainment Resort is set to open in 2042.