• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

London Entertainment Resort: All Discussion

Leicester will win the prem again before this happens @Rob!

The fly in the ointment with this project is that there are afew overhead hv circuits going through the middle of this land, including some 400kv connected to Britain's largest towers (pylons). National grid will want 10s if not 100s of millions to do these cable diversions.

Another point to note is flood defences, can't be cheap. Then there's traffic, the roads can't cope even with 2000 attending an Ebbsfleet game. Throw in a busy Bluewater and clogged up Dartford tunnel and you've had it. So id guess there would be stipulations for a new relief road which is another big cost.

In other words, not gonna happen

The traffic improvements were on the plans, but the train station was expected to deliver a lot of the visitors: with land devlopment around the site a key part of the plan.
It still isn't going to happen: but not because the traffic issues around there.

This speaks tax dodge all over to me

How rich is this man anyway? Given that he has promised to find to the planning stage his deep are his pockets? What credentials has he to attract investors

Reality aside, I do think that the UK industry needs this project now more than ever. With park’s in Europe continuing to improve and Merlin’s monopoly of the UK market, we really are a poor relation at the moment.

Imagine a well designed park dropping into this populous area. Something akin to a PA, with beautiful themeing and well thought infrastructure. A park that would alter the public’s view of UK park’s, which encouraged taking the time out to enjoy dining, themed environments and shows.

There is certainly the skill to deliver all this if it’s correctly managed. And who doesn’t want to throw a wasp into Merlin’s jar - it’s certainly needed, if we are not to enter into a cycle of malaise, further cost-cuts and predictable value engineered investments.

Reality aside, I do think that the UK industry needs this project now more than ever. With park’s in Europe continuing to improve and Merlin’s monopoly of the UK market, we really are a poor relation at the moment.

Imagine a well designed park dropping into this populous area. Something akin to a PA, with beautiful themeing and well thought infrastructure. A park that would alter the public’s view of UK park’s, which encouraged taking the time out to enjoy dining, themed environments and shows.

There is certainly the skill to deliver all this if it’s correctly managed. And who doesn’t want to throw a wasp into Merlin’s jar - it’s certainly needed, if we are not to enter into a cycle of malaise, further cost-cuts and predictable value engineered investments.
If this or a other park did ever happen id think merlin would have a meltdown. I hope the new disney expansion realls hits them hard. For a similar price to a alton towers trip/stay you can go to dlp if your clever!

DLP is great, but I can't go there for the day unfortunately. In the North, Blackpool is the strongest competiton. One could argue Merlin bought Louie Tussauds and operated the Tower to keep pressure on BPB. Around London, they have they run all of the major theme parks, and the major midway things bar Kidzania and the bus tours...
You couldn"t make a monopoly case stick, as the tourism industry has plenty of other attractions out there like the National Trust, museums, bowling, mini golf, zoos etc.

You only have to look how Universal rattled Disney to invest In their parks to see why more competition would help. Six Flags or the Macks could really shake the market up; but it doesn't seem likely any time soon.

Possibly planning is an issue here, AFAIK all the theme parks in the UK have existed for a long time, and expanded gradually. As much as I'd love to see a park pop up like Energylandia, with Britain's planning laws and no doubt all the complaints from noise and traffic it would get, I can't see it happening

DLP is great, but I can't go there for the day unfortunately. In the North, Blackpool is the strongest competiton. One could argue Merlin bought Louie Tussauds and operated the Tower to keep pressure on BPB. Around London, they have they run all of the major theme parks, and the major midway things bar Kidzania and the bus tours...
You couldn"t make a monopoly case stick, as the tourism industry has plenty of other attractions out there like the National Trust, museums, bowling, mini golf, zoos etc.

You only have to look how Universal rattled Disney to invest In their parks to see why more competition would help. Six Flags or the Macks could really shake the market up; but it doesn't seem likely any time soon.
Your right for one day but i was thinking a 2 night stay. For me to get from front door to dlp is about 2/3 hours. But with the price increases and lack of magic people might and hopefully wake up that a Disney trip is almost the same price.

Sorry to bump the thread, but London Resort has recently appointed a new director named Alan Crane in the role of Construction Consultant. Here's a SouthParks social media post about it:

An interesting thing to take into account is that he was involved in Disneyland Paris. But this is a really promising sign, in my opinion; I reckon we'll see a planning permit later this year!
P.S. I'll try and embed the social media post later.

Last edited by a moderator:
The theme song for this whole project:

Maybe Hot Chip looked to the future, saw this coming and took it as inspiration for their song.

Noticed the same rewritten article about 'UK disneyland' appeared on the Liverpool Echo website last week so thought another non announcement must've been close.

5e8.jpg

It's also appeared on other websites such as Secret London. Again, the same regurgitated pieces we've been getting since 2012. Helpfully shared with me by colleagues who thought I would be unaware (it's up there with Gravity Maxx and Dinoconda as one of those things non-enthusiasts share with enthusiasts constantly).

I lost all interest in this 'project' years ago. It's clear they have no ambition to build the damn thing, so I'm confused why they continue to keep up this charade.

It's also appeared on other websites such as Secret London. Again, the same regurgitated pieces we've been getting since 2012. Helpfully shared with me by colleagues who thought I would be unaware (it's up there with Gravity Maxx and Dinoconda as one of those things non-enthusiasts share with enthusiasts constantly).

I lost all interest in this 'project' years ago. It's clear they have no ambition to build the damn thing, so I'm confused why they continue to keep up this charade.

giphy.gif

A project that's so alive and well that they've not posted on social media in 15 months. If you're relying on periodically regurgitating press releases and half arsed "consultant" appointments in an attempt to try and add some legitimacy to your project for investment, it ain't gonna happen :p