• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

London Entertainment Resort: All Discussion

Even if phase 1 gets build they got to market it very good and make the prices less than a Merlin park if they want visitors to go there instead of the other uk parks around or near to London. If the 1st lot of visitors get there and they think it's not value for money they will leave terrible feedback on trip advisor

Even if phase 1 gets build they got to market it very good and make the prices less than a Merlin park if they want visitors to go there instead of the other uk parks around or near to London. If the 1st lot of visitors get there and they think it's not value for money they will leave terrible feedback on trip advisor

Nah if it was built, they could charge more and still get loads of visitors. The key is not the price, but offering a product that is a better day out than Merlin. They can then charge more and people will pay. Lets face it, right now it is not hard to beat Merlin. So that would be easily doable by any want to be international destination.

This is all hot air however, as this is never getting built.

Unsurprisingly, the opening has now been officially pushed back to 2025:

I think they’ve got a far better chance of meeting 2025 than 2024, personally; 2 years seemed like a phenomenally short time to build a new park from the ground up, whereas 3 years seems perhaps more achievable, in my opinion.

On a side note, it would appear they’ve altered the concept art a fair bit; the British and French flags from the huge dome buildings are gone, for a start! Could this be the altered concept coming out of the SSSI designation?

Opening before 2052 will be impressive.
Concept art is all we have seen for a decade now, and is all we will ever see.
Will the project even make it to one hundred pages?
Sadly, I think it will.
We’re pretty close to 100 pages now, so I’d be surprised if it doesn’t!

More chance of Accrington Stanley winning the CL within the next 10 years than this place ever opening.

It's a laughing stock now let's be honest. Haven't got a cat in hells chance of getting over these obstacles. The locals don't want it. The wildlife conservation people don't want it. The jobs it will create won't be high paid ones by and large.

It's time to move on now.

A helpful comparison perhaps is Shanghai Disneyland. It broke ground on April 7, 2011 and opened on June 16, 2016.

I find the fact people are getting so exercised about it quite amusing. If it happens it happens, if it doesn't it doesn't.

I'll believe it when I walk through the gates on opening day.

Until that (very unlikely) moment, I'd have to side with the general consensus on here, it's never happening.

They seem to be making it up as they go along anyway. The weirdest moment for me was when they released a detailed list of all the themed areas, then a year later put out plans for a dinosaur-themed central land that was nowhere to be seen on the original plans. Hardly a good omen if you're trying to build one of the biggest theme parks in Europe and you can't even decide what it will look like.

Attraction Source has pointed out something very interesting; a hybrid coaster is apparently shown in the concept art:

Could the London Resort be building an RMC?

With a potential leadership challenge on the horizon for Boris Johnson, it would perhaps be pertinent for investors to wait and see what his successor's policy is on RMC.