• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

London in a day

Maya

TS Member
Going on the train to London in the summer, arriving at 10 and leaving around 7. We want to do as much as possible, dungeons, madame tussauds, sight seeing, and other fun things! What are your suggestions for price, time slots, food etc? Thanks.

If you're doing all of the Merlin attractions, then it is very easy to fit them all in. I'd start of with doing Madame Tussauds first which varies on how long you spend looking at the models but should take no more than an hour and a half to walkthrough. Then you could jump on the Tube from Baker Street to Waterloo (Jubilee or Bakerloo lines, the former is quicker), and the other 3 Merlin midway attractions are right next to each other on the South Bank (London Dungeons, the aquarium, and the London Eye). The Dungeons take about 90 minutes to do, the aquarium takes around 45 Mins, and the Eye goes around in about half an hour. You could also pay a visit to the Namco arcade which is right next door the sealife.

After doing this, if you like to see Big Ben, then it's only just across the river to Westminster, after that you can go to Trafalgar Square which is about a 20 to 30 min walk away from Westminster or about 5 mins on the bus. You could then go to Picadilly/Oxford Circus to do some shopping which again is about a 20 minute walk or just a couple of minutes by public transport. Alternatively you could go to Covent Garden which is yet again is just a few minutes away from Trafalgar square =P You could also go to Hyde Park which is just a couple of minutes on The Tube even whether you could from Covent Garden or Piccadilly/Oxford Circus.

For food, that's not really my deparment, but I'm sure there's plenty of great restaurants around Central London! Or you want to eat at somewhere like McDonald's, KFC etc Then there's plenty of those around the city =)

My final piece of advise is to get a Oyster Card when visiting London. In case you don't know what they are, then they're a little plastic card which you can top money on and will make your travelling a lot easier. I think they cost about £3 and can be bought from just about any station in London. You can also use this in the future the next time you visit London after your visit this summer =)

Hope this helps and enjoy your trip! =)

Walk quickly is the best advice, no sitting down and wimpy resting etc haha. I have done day trips involving 7-hour round trips in the car many times.

If you don't think you can manage London in one day, why not visit stoke :)