• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

M&D's Incident June 2016

Let's just say there's a huge gap in the market in Scotland for new parks.
I'm not sure about that, 'new' parks are extremely expensive to build. Much of what we have in the UK at the moment is only there because it's always been there, as it were.

It's a shame Loudoun didn't work out, but I don't think that was for lack of trying. The financials didn't work.

Good riddance. The PR on the part of the park after the accident was pathetic. Alton's handling of the Smiler incident was a masterclass, comparatively.

They should get rid of Tornado too while they're at it. Possibly the worst ride I've ever ridden.

Their rides live on though. Interpark bought the rights to the rides, meanwhile the Pinfari family carried on through D. P. V. Rides (which I think is or was owned by a Daniel Pinfari) and SBF Visa have made a significant number of Big Apple coasters since 2000. There's probably others out there too, a lot of the Italian companies seem to be interlinked.

With a good refurb it could be just fine again. My money would be on it ending up at Southport, but as per usual with UK rides, it'll most probably end up in South America.

Unless you were missing the creds in which case they were tears of sadness at creds missed. That's 3 coasters removed from the UK this season. :(

I have the creds and I'm happy never to ride them again! :)

I wonder if anyone will buy Tornado, given it is a unique model.