• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Mack Super Splash Considered for Legoland?

Tim

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Air / Blue Fire
I was just browsing Mack's website and under the section for the Super Splash I noticed this image:

Super_Splash.jpg

Now I'm not sure about the boat on the left but the one in the middle is definitely based on The Dragon roller coaster and the one on the right looks to be a Lego Technic theme.

I don't know how long this picture has been there although I never remember seeing these before. I suspect it is just an interesting choice for the example designs rather than a serious proposal by Merlin but a good find I think :)

the one on the left would fit great into the MB theming, maybe a good replacement for the flume

You got my hopes up there. Please don't do that again. :(
Better than the original title :p

I was doing some digging though and found that the average height restriction for these rides is 1m, which puts it in-line with Legoland's other 'thrill' rides. So it's not out of the question, and if Lego insist on building water rides they might as well build a really good one! But unless it was a miniature version I really couldn't imagine them building one.

I doubt it was planned for Windsor.

The log flume they already have is pretty good - probably better than a small SuperSplash actually.

I can see it working at Alton. Would fill a niche for the park that is currently (very poorly) filled by The Flume. Most parks the size of Towers in Europe have a shoot-the-chutes ride or a water coaster - something that is absent at Alton. It'd work on The Flume's site, but I'd rather see something like Poseidon - a bit more coastery.

They look quite cool. Seems highly unlikely that they would be planned for Windsor, sensible choice would be either the parks in Florida and/or California. Mind you though, there's a lot of rides that spray water at you in Windsor!

I can see it working at Alton. Would fill a niche for the park that is currently (very poorly) filled by The Flume. Most parks the size of Towers in Europe have a shoot-the-chutes ride or a water coaster - something that is absent at Alton. It'd work on The Flume's site, but I'd rather see something like Poseidon - a bit more coastery.

The super splash model is too bulky for any site at Towers, they would need something closer to their water coaster size boats and trough.

Does look like lego might have looked at a super splash though!