• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Mack test spinning car on Blue Fire

Rick

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Crux

See our latest test on a crazy spinning ride. Our launch coaster blue fire was equipped with a spinning coaster car to test what is possible with this ride. And it was an eyeopener. Riding a free spinning car while doing inversions and loops is awesome. We hope to take this test further to a project real soon!
Wow.... looks nuts!

As nuts as it looks, I can't help but think that would be immensely uncomfortable if you're facing the wrong way on an inversion. Forwards is fine, and backwards I can just about cope with, but I can't help thinking that sideways would be hideous!

Still, nice to see some new stuff being trialed on an existing ride, and I'd still love to give it a shot to hopefully prove myself wrong.

I see crazy. And I see different people in some of the shots. That means crazy did more than one circuit... :-o

I cannot describe how much I`d LOVE to ride that. Blue Fire is already one of the the best coasters out there...but with spinning...I think it would go EASILY to my favourite of all coasters :)

While I think the concept could work on a coaster designed for it, the thought of corkscrews and that barrel roll while spinning sounds horriffic! In my mind, the only inversion that would be "right" for a spinning car is a vertical loop.

Having said that... yeah, I wouldn't say no to giving it a try. Once. :p