• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Madame Tussauds trip Decmember 2017

delta79

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis, Air
trip date 13th Dec 2017

As i was in london on personal business with @LittleDelta, we decided we would visit Madame Tussauds.

We arrived to find the MAP line had been closed off. (later find out it was for security reasons) the only staff member on the front. did not know where the MAP holders were lining up for checks. maybe merlin could of had a sign explaining why the entrance was closed and where the new line up point for MAP Holders is.

After 15 mins of the guy trying to find out where we needed to queue. once we got to the security check, we had this sinking feeling, of bag checks and we had a 65ltr backpack and a suitcase. The suitcase had to be checked before going into the baggage store. The security staff member, was great and commented on the (ceremonial) uniform of a large Volunteer first aid organizational I am a member of.

Once in though the door, a very friendly staff member spots the MAPs and points us in the right direction to avoid the 3 coach parties the staff on the desk where trying to process as quickly as they could.

The waxworks are great and the sets they were on are spot on. Steph (Little delta) was over the moon to have a photo with two waxworks I have no idea who they are. I thought she said one was Godzilla, on her repeating, it was Zoella.

We did the photo with the royal family, and got a copy for my mum. and Steph would not take a photo of me with trump as I was doing 'rude hands'.

Having BB8 and Rey away from the rest of the star wars waxworks was a bit odd.

The london taxi ride was great, although the last scene felt like someone as stuck all the london stereotype overseas visitors think london is, had been chucked into a massive cocktail shaker then tipped out into that area. leaving a jarring and cringe worthy ending to a otherwise great ride.

The marvel area was great, the use of the planetarium dome for the marvel 4D show was a good use of it, and i got some odd looks for chuckling at the merlin nods, yes there are some in there. and i may of missed some,vehicle reg numbers of AT1980, 1958LP. I will leave you to work though two out.

I loved the star war area. The shop was poor, most of it was general buy it anywhere london stuff. the closest to merlin merch i found was a MT teddy and Pin badges.

Once we left the shop and returned to pick up the suitcase, and they would not let us into the baggage store to collect it. The guy from the start of this report took our ticket and when to get it for us, saying it was for security reasons. and came out with the wrong bag twice. when did a suitcase look like a backpack or a messenger bag.

It was a great morning, and i was glad we factored in a visit to Madame Tussauds into the trip to london. and gave us some photo to laugh and joke about on the train back.

Glad you enjoyed one of Wardley's most overlooked dark rides. I can remember the days when every single figure was a complex animatronic. Sadly, over the years, they have become static props.

The Marvel thing sucks donkey balls though. The old planetarium was far better! (To the point that I recently attempted to design a minifig scale replica of the old Zeiss mk VI opto-mechanical projector... See spoiler below).
scaled_full_b67a346dab1c039889c1.PNG

scaled_full_4e186030627dcb83dda4.PNG

... I've stopped there because domes and Lego are not a good combination ...

So tell me, this "Zyklonda" or whoever it was your youngling wanted a pic with.... Is this the random woman who I've only just heard of because she's apparently made her own advent calendar on youtube or something ...¿

Fun fact, there used to be an old picture of young me and Jimmy Savile's waxwork. Think I must have chucked it in a clear out decades ago though. Obviously I searched hard for that one back when it would have been at it's most entertaining.

Zoella is a you tube vblogger. That my daughter inform me is a makeup and general records her life video maker.