• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Major Ride Closures 2016

just realized that there is actually nothing on alton towers's website saying that Sub Terror is closed, so it might have actually already re-opened.

just realized that there is actually nothing on alton towers's website saying that Sub Terror is closed, so it might have actually already re-opened.
Non of the rides stated on here to of closed are said to be closed on the website, we are going by what the "source close to towers" has told us. It won't be said on the website for a while yet, I suspect about a week before the park opens.

I wonder if N ST could be closed as they work out changes to the theming.

I would actually approve of Sub Terra being temporarily closed if it reopened in 2017 with additional theming and a lower height restriction.

But this seems unlikely.

I would approve if we return to Forbidden Valley next year and see a vast empty crater where Sub Terra used to sit. Good riddance.

Id love to know what these sources are people have. Are they reliable? Or are they some bloke, big trench coat, big hat, tooth pick saying "ere mate, you heard" before member runs of like Kermit the frog. Cant we all calm down see if/when/what/who/how is officially announced first.

I don't know where these Sub-Terror re-theme/theme change rumours have come from but it's the first I have heard of them. The ride was closed part way through last season to rectify an 'issue' with the restraints. It re-opened with modified restraint but this caused lots of problems with people who could ride before no longer being able to. It closed again shortly after to never re-open. I assume Towers have decided it is not worth spending any more money on the ride and as it takes a fair few staff to operate it's easier to just keep it closed.

:)

I think every is to their own and have their own personal favorites.

I never understand why they initially put in sub-terra, we already have a drop ride which I personally think is better (Th13teen).

If they were to put in a drop ride, they should have tried and topped DMP Apocalypses. Even if it means putting half of the ride down a deep hole.

I too am going to wait until official confirmation or until the new season opens before I believe any of these rumors, but I do have a bad feeling about next season. I just hope that Alton proves us all wrong and pulls something out of the bag for next season.

What would make sense with N:ST retheme rumours is that the problem is people trying to, and potentially being able to succeed in, escaping the restraints. Now in it's current form the ride within it's narrative is actively telling you to escape the situation you find yourself in, I can see this being a problem if someone does! They might either need to make escape impossible, or remove the false peril that would cause someone to try.

I quite like what N:ST has become, would be a shame to see it go or have to change drastically.

If they were to put in a drop ride, they should have tried and topped DMP Apocalypses. Even if it means putting half of the ride down a deep hole.

It's not as if it is technically beyond the Towers to do this, after all, that's how Nemesis and Oblivion hide their height. It would actually create a ride I'm fearful of. Imagine getting on at the surface, with a polished version of the Sub-Terra story, and then you are lowered slowly down into the egg chamber, it all kicks off and an escape countdown starts where you are launched up the drop, with a capture mechanism to stop you at the top. The have some malfunction alert where the escape mechanism has failed, causing the ride to drop back into the crypt before a second, less powerful launch sends you just as far as the surface to alight.

We can but dream...