• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Major Ride Closures 2016

I can't remember if The Flume was taken off at the end of last season or not. Of course The Flume was closed at the end of the season so it could well have been.

Either way, it doesn't take them long to either add or remove a ride from ridetimes.com.

The fact that the full 2016 ride line-up is still not confirmed is a farce, especially as we have known since November. There's little over a week to go, Alton Towers know full well what is closing but just don't want to announce it.

:)
Quite certain flume was on there about a week ago. As for the lineup, I can think of no good reason for nit announcing by now. Park opens in just over a week, and they still haven't released it. Too late now though. People will have booked tickets, and will expect a full lineup (with the exception of ripsaw, flume and galactica). Personally, I find it disgraceful that they can relese the ticker prices before the lineup. Nice to know what your paying for before you pay.

Sub-Terra is on the line up as well and I really doubt that'll be open at the start of the season, if at all this year.

The thing is, the full ride line up has been confirmed, they just haven't made it public. The Alton Towers Twitter account replied a few days ago that the park maps had been sent off to the printers and they were in the process of printing them off. So for those maps to be accurate (lets not talk about the paths on them though :) ) they need to be up-to-date.

So they fully know what the line up is, they just aren't saying it for reasons unknown.

Last edited:
Looking at the AT Facebook they won't even confirm to the people going this weekend for the private event days.
That is exceptionally poor service to those companies (and guests) behind the hiring of the park.

This doesn't say anything about ride closures though. It's like they're saying the ride lineup which they have planned throughout the season, not every single one. I don't think we'll find out until the 19th anyway.

That tweet from Alton Towers is a very non-committal way of saying 'the rides we intend to open in 2016 will be open in 2016'. It is in no way a confirmation that all rides except Ripsaw and Flume will be open.

Have already stated if you read my post that it could indicate that they will be opening their 2016 ride line-up, which still could mean that the certain rides such as Hex do not form part of the 2016 line-up. I am not saying that, that tweet completely rules out closures, I am saying that it could indicate to some people that all their rides will be open, and if/when they aren't from opening day on the 19th, people may be left confused.

Especially as they are yet to confirm their 2016 line-up 2 months on from when they promised an announcement. I imagine if they do close the rides that they will just say 'oh sorry that's not open today, try another day' throughout the entire season.

Towers, if you ARE reading this, and everything is indeed, as it appears.

You are being WELL out of order...

Stop treating your customers with such utter contempt and disrespect, get a hold of yourselves, give your marketing department a shake, or whoever the heck sanctions nonsense like this, and SORT IT OUT!

Towers used to put customer experience above all else.

It MADE the park brilliant.

Reputations take a LONG TIME to build... they can evapourate very, very quickly indeed.

I despair at whatever is going on here, from a business, marketing AND customer service/experience perspective.

It's unjustifiable on ALL levels!

Jesus. Never known anything like this at Towers in decades! Utter embarrassment.

Mr V... you will be hearing from me.

The flume and ripsaw have only disappeared off ride times in the past couple of days, but you will notice it still also has Air on there. Probably be updated next week, as I don't think it will be up for this weekends private hire of the park.

Towers, if you ARE reading this, and everything is indeed, as it appears.

You are being WELL out of order...

Stop treating your customers with such utter contempt and disrespect, get a hold of yourselves, give your marketing department a shake, or whoever the heck sanctions nonsense like this, and SORT IT OUT!

Towers used to put customer experience above all else.

It MADE the park brilliant.

Reputations take a LONG TIME to build... they can evapourate very, very quickly indeed.

I despair at whatever is going on here, from a business, marketing AND customer service/experience perspective.

It's unjustifiable on ALL levels!

Jesus. Never known anything like this at Towers in decades! Utter embarrassment.

Mr V... you will be hearing from me.

I think they are relying on their reputation too much. They use to lead by far as the UKs best theme park but Thorpe is closing the gap. They need a rethink on their customer experience and quickly!

Sub-Terra, closed for what, nearly 2 years this season? Why? :(

The statement from Alton was it was closed for 'modifications' how long do these 'modifcations' take?

With an every decreasing ride lineup, there must surely be a priority to getting Terry open. :confused:

Sub Terra will be low priority as it's unpopular and takes far too many staff to run. All 4 of Merlin's ABC drop tower rides in the UK have received the same modification, but only Sub Terra remains closed.

I did it once.

I just came out the other end utterly bewildered and confused.

The scene downstairs with the giant easter eggs made me laugh.

I was expecting Nemesis down there, instead I wondered where the Easter Bunny was!!

As we exclusively report back in November, the ride closures for 2016 have now been confirmed.

So that is Hex, Charlie, Sub-Terra, Driving School and Wobble World all closed, as well as The Flume and Ripsaw removed.

Just read all the ride pages on AT website, and it doesn't say on any of the pages how long it will be closed for. It gives me a little hope that the rides may open at some point, though it's towers, so probably not.

Towers are saying on Twitter that they have no re-opening dates for any of the rides/attractions.

It can only be the darkest before the dawn, I know we've said it can't get worse for the past few years, but this time Towers is really at it's lowest point. It's like one giant wheel with any park, this TLC program just might be the upturn we need.