• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Malibu Park

Bubblegum

TS Member
Favourite Ride
The Wickerman
Hello everyone,
Many of you will remember my RCT3 Park: Malibu Park over from TT, but I have left it to rot and continued its progress on here.

A little reminder of what has happened since my last update of the park:
- Malibu Park gets an 'explorers' style entrance retheme, with the main park logo changed.
- Most park signage has been updated to a more modern style.
- BeachWalk has been removed and in it's place: Mexico, a large area with a wooden coaster called 'Raging Gecko', a water/dark ride called 'Expedicion - Aztecas De Fuego', and a 'Slammer' type ride called 'Sun God', plus various themed food outlets, bars, and shops.
- The artificial island that was created where SpacePort used to stand is finally having construction work done to it to become Victoria Bayou, this area will also encompass the surrounding paths.
- Jukebox Rally has been expanded, more small attractions have been added, and a real Diner has been constructed, with the old Diner becoming Jimmy Speed's ride shop.
- Forsaken Bay (pirate area) has begun its transition into Chinatown, this involves a new coaster constructed.
- Towards the back of the park a large fence has appeared. A post apocalyptic style area is rumored to be constructed here.

During the next post I will post images of the park, but for this post I will be showing you some of the graphics for the park.

AQQJS.jpg

The Victoria Bayou logo, a theme of New Orleans is present here.

OfUa9.jpg

The logo for 'Victoria Sea Mission', which is a water coaster partially indoors.

66nX3.png

The logo for the new 'Coffee Lounge' outlets across Malibu Park, replacing 'Coffee BAR'.

qzUku.jpg

An example poster, of what could be displayed in the Coffee Lounge outlets.

xryfD.jpg

The Mexico area logo.

A9bSn.jpg

This ride involves a boat ride through Aztec temples and a close encounter with fire.

WYPAL.jpg

A sign advertising the Peri-Peri Cookhouse.

jS9O5.jpg

Selling hot meat baps.

R7rmp.png

This ride is partially on water and can be seen from the park entrance.

Q7RCw.jpg

Another food outlet.

KprgF.jpg

The wooden coaster.

xq49L.jpg

Raging Gecko's Store.

fpPof.jpg

Raging Gecko's Bar

KIlrP.jpg

Malibu Park's new logo.

YzPqb.jpg

Malibu Splash's new logo.

B8IE7.jpg

These billboards have been constructed around the park, seeming to advertise the new area behind Jukebox Rally.

Hello everyone, large update here, including images of the new Victoria Bayou, Mexico and other progress around the park.

The Exotic Adventures Hotel in Island of Polynesia, has had a massive refurbishment with a large extension towards the back and a small pool area has been added. Also since as this hotel is now the only hotel on the Resort, it was decided to be renamed Explorers Hotel, to fit in the Malibu Park's idea to 'go and explore'.

Also the park monorail was deconstructed in early August, to make way for Sky, a new cable car system (featuring red Poma Sigma cars)

These photos were taken during a period of close time for the park with many areas having a good cleandown ready for the halloween festivities.

tpAOP.jpg

Image of a new sign that has appeared in the entrance, welcoming guests to the resort.

sXFsF.png

AN entrance sign, showing the logo with an updated font.

UW55X.jpg

The entrance with its new facade, emphasising the exploring theme.

fn0HN.jpg

A sign for guest staying at the explorers hotel, noting that to get there it is easier to catch a ride on Sky.

TY2vH.jpg

The fountain in the entrance plaza.

OaLTN.jpg

Entrance to themepark, waiting for ticket scanners to be installed.

KXygb.jpg

Across the other side of the bridge, a large sign showcases Malibu's new logo.

eBNt2.jpg

Another sign to inform hotel guests.

nccB4.jpg

Sky entrance, with a new explorers facade, the signage is only temporary.

F6ZWe.jpg

Sign giving directions to other areas of the park, there seemed to be a lot of directional sign around the park, perhaps guest were getting lost too easily?

QJX6w.jpg

New entrance to Moku Mauna Falls, the ride has been updated and now includes a wider rapids channel, water effects around the ride, and a cave section.

OI1as.jpg

Looking from a different angle, this image shows some of the queue line which is mostly hidden amongst plants and buildings.

XYMcB.jpg

The queue line then passes over the rapids channel via a bridge.

FL7zX.jpg

The entrance to Coconut Co. Minetrain, which seemed to have been only just put in site as there was no plant growth around it and doesn't seem as highly themed as the Moku Mauna Falls entrance.

rblk2.jpg

This image shows a trough which is next to the Coconut Co. Minetrain entrance, and how the queue line slopes steeply down bank so the track can pass over it.

HbuB7.jpg

A view from one end of the straight path to the other, showing how much the plants have grown in the past few years.

798rg.jpg

The exit for Moku Mauna Falls, this building attaches on to the cave. It is interesting to note that the Fastpass entrance is also here.

RWAj9.jpg

A store without the store.

s95Zl.jpg

The exit for Coconut Co. Minetrain, you can see here that the station has been refurbished with a new roof, and wooden extension towards the back. This also seems to be awaiting more theming and foliage.

1L3J2.jpg

Another direction sign, this one staying 'Got Lost In The Jungle Explorers?'

rCUqj.jpg

Tiki Kitchen which is a new building, and serves mostly grilled food.

5LETI.jpg

New entrance to Explorers Hotel, which replicates the entrance to Malibu Park.

vV1Kl.png

Signage for Explorers Hotel.

RECTa.jpg

The Compass, a reservation only restaurant, and the hotel restaurant. It is currently awaiting it's dining furnishings.

Z92KW.png

Signage for The Compass.

B8Us3.jpg

Entrance to Sky from Island of Polynesia, this station happens to be directly opposite the entrance of Explorers Hotel, making it ideal for guests.

5tCTW.jpg

Going back down the area a fence has been constructed between Island of Polynesia, and the new Victoria Bayou. As you can see there is a lot of work going on with working running about, all over the place. Bu we were allowed to enter.

ozTAb.jpg

One of the buildings already has new signage up, this building will be known as Pizza Plaza.

uo59e.jpg

The entrance sign for Pizza Plaza.

bFnzV.jpg

A large sitting area has been constructed which hangs over the surrounding river.

c4xV8.jpg

Another new building awaiting more facade work and signage.

OFaNy.jpg

Burger Country which seemed to be halfway through a repaint, this appears to be the back of Burger King in Jukebox Rally. Surely they aren't sharing kitchens?

xbik1.jpg

A sign for Burger Country.

3aLXe.png

A sign that could only mean...

4bHy1.jpg

Nando's, with its modern but old style building, it fits well between Victoria Bayou and The Domain.

epx20.jpg

The entrance to The Domain.

IxDCE.jpg

The Sky station in The Domain.

KQ6Vu.jpg

A restaurant in The Domain, which is also lacking furnishings and menu signage.

Zitka.jpg

The fountain in the centre of The Domain.

AdR0C.jpg

A look at Alliance's launch track.

dZztN.jpg

Moving to Jukebox Rally, the sales and information building has become Bubblegum Radio, which seems to have been testing across Jukebox Rally's speakers all day.

L5dLn.jpg

A sign for Bubblegum Radio.

xIB2g.jpg

Walking further down the area, you may notice that Burger King is gone! Replaced by the in park brand: Burger Country.

o7P9D.jpg

Exit to Jukbox Rally, with Victoria Bayou directly in front.

Jl7N2.jpg

There is a bridge that crosses the river in Victoria Bayou to an island containing a few rides.

RH5hG.jpg

Even though this area is classed as Victoria Bayou, the building seem to be a lot more steampunk and modern to me.

m0Fj4.jpg

The sole big ride to Victoria Bayou, Victoria Sea Mission, taking guess on an indoor roller coaster though the dark occasionally popping out of the building and at the end taking a splashdown outside.

WFfnN.jpg

Another building in this area.

wCqbA.jpg

An overview of this area, with Victoria Sea Mission centre, and Nando's top right.

CAMyh.jpg

Even though this part of Victoria Sea Mission's facade is unaccessible it still seem to be highly themed.

MWRzI.jpg

The Pleasure Showboat, takes guests from mainland Victoria Bayou to this area, although since there is a brig, it is purely for enjoyment.

VWWex.jpg

Sign for the Pleasure Showboat.

2Nysa.jpg

Walking into the Mexico area, we have a raised seating area.

Ju7CA.jpg

Roast House with seems to self fresh meat baps.

NcTEA.jpg

Some seating in the area.

Z643F.jpg

Raging Gecko Bar.

8vd3X.jpg

Raging Gecko Store, and on ride photo.

fQZvj.jpg

The entrance to Raging Gecko.

uYx9D.jpg

Overview of Raging Gecko area.

RBqOX.jpg

A section of Raging Gecko's track can be seen here.

qIwXu.jpg

A sign advertising the new Peri-Peri Cookhouse, which is like a takeaway version of Nando's.

SFqm0.jpg

The entrance to Expedicion: Aztecas De Fuego (yeah its a mouthful)

rc7iw.jpg

A sign advertising the Peri-Peri Cookhouse.

xcAUU.jpg

The Peri-Peri Cookhouse awaiting the kitchen and counter, plus a few other theming elements on the facade?

5T8pe.jpg

The entrance to Sun God, which is a Sky Swat type ride.

zyT3T.jpg

Sun God, which has additional theming added to it, including walls which surround the ride platform.

eij6F.jpg

Taco Hut, serving tacos and drinks.

cMruX.jpg

Cactus Cafe awaiting the shop and seating.

MLAR7.jpg

Some of Expedicion: Aztecas De Fuego's ride.

JVqfE.jpg

Overview of Mexico

4kQEe.jpg

A new promotional poster has been constructed on the end of the bridge that was originally the entrance to the Forsaken Bay, this new area is to have a Chinese theme and is believed to be called 'Chinatown'.

Thats all for this update, I hope you enjoyed seeing Malibu again, and all comments are welcome!

Chinatown and Mexico? When are Mystery and Wuze being built? ;)

Nice park though! Personally, I'd say custom supports on the coasters and maybe steering away from some of the ingame wall sets (Bamboo is alright, but the Colonial ones don't look too great in my opinion). That aside, good job :)

I think I've said before that your logo's are amazing but I wanted to specifically say that the main Malibu Park logo is perfect. I love the blue colour scheme. Although you probably need to update the entrance now to make it look just as good.

Victoria Bayou also looks like a very inventive area. I haven't seen that style done quite like that before.

Keep up the good work.

Hey everyone, small update.

Here's the Malibu Park Resort Map for the 2012 Season!
You can see that Malibu Park Resort is actually quite small in size and the areas are in close proximity to each other.

OPXRh.jpg

An update on the park's progress will appear soon, with new images of Chinatown and Victoria Bayou.

Thanks also to Tim and Ian for the feedback, it is greatly appreciated.

Also, for anyone who is interested in Malibu Park on TT (the original Malibu Park) the following link will take you there - http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/rct-and- ... libu-park/

Hey everyone, its the first year I've done a Halloween event for Malibu Park.

Here's a list of updates for October:
  • New logo for the Halloween event, the main Malibu Park not being used at all.
  • 2 new scare mazes: Poison - Nature is taking over! Everything is venomous, its affecting the locals too! Can you get away before its too late? And The Virus - WHat happened in the warehouse? How did all those people become infected?? You seriously need to find a cure, wise The Virus might get YOU!
  • The Compass Restaurant, which in the last update has no interior furnishings, has become 'Playful Patch', a chlidren's play area and meet and greet area!
  • Jukebox Rally has become 'Live!', zombies roam the racetrack! Hitch a ride on Jimmy Speed to get out of there. And Fast!

89Wfp.jpg

I absolutley love this park! you have a fantastic imagination and stretch a basic game into a fantastic realistic park! Please post some more picture! Thanks

Okay everyone, with a large update coming over the weekend as Malibu Frights opens, I thought I'd create a small update, purely to show the new logos for the mazes/attractions.

TinZE.jpg

Logo for Malibu Frights, including the dates which the event runs to and from.

oYgUa.jpg

Malibu Frights' feature maze, Poison is located in Port Aquatic in the plaza connecting to Island of Polynesia. The maze is situated in an empty facade building which has received a green and brown repaint.

VN0mN.jpg

The second on park maze is named The Virus, this maze is located on a section of currently unused park land behind Sky and next to Victoria Bayou. The building containing the maze looks similar to a warehouse, bathed in a deep red light.

FmZ0z.jpg

Jukebox Rally has had a halloween retime, with string lanterns being hung across the entire area and the areas soundtrack (bubblegum radio) being replaced with something more sinister. The area is covered in live scare actors, with a strict only 13+ warning plastered over the area.

6TbUa.jpg

Playful Patch, located in the (yet to be opened) Compass restaurant, and features a character meet and greet area for the little explorers.

Halloween Update everyone!

WVcsd.jpg

The entrance to Malibu Park, wich over the month of October has been renamed to Malibu Frights.

AlDl8.jpg

A sign next to the entrance shows the price list for theme park entry.

mPZyP.jpg

Moving into the entrance plaza, bunting has been put up all around and various things have been repainted purple.

NtWWI.jpg

Crossing the entrance bridge, which has also been painted purple.

Wzk7A.jpg

The main plaza has had some halloween theming put in place, as well as the bunting and repaints.

3uUu5.jpg

It appears the entrance to Sky has been blocked off, a sign explains why.

v9IPV.jpg

The entrance to Coconut Co Minetrain now all the foliage has grown.

MWt1C.jpg

The Store in Island of Polynesia has opened.

z2F42.jpg

Leading away from Island of Polynesia custom supports have appeared on the Coconut Co Minetrain.

4aP72.jpg

Heading into the now open Victoria Bayou, you are greeted by a large entry sign.

nOrVb.jpg

It seems this area is still under construction, these large boards were around the area.

xfXdA.jpg

The Virus is located in Victoria Bayou and seems to be only a temporary building.

YSzBD.jpg

The entrance to Jukebox Rally has been decorated for the event.

uPBfv.jpg

Moving through Jukebox Rally, these scare actors were seen everywhere.

NzjnZ.jpg

Going further into the area I encounter Pitstop Racers.

OQd8F.jpg

Moving along the path, the new Jukebox Rally Diner has opened.

Gw41O.jpg

Jimmy Speed has also received some custom supports.

84NZY.jpg

The launch building for Jimmy Speed is also themed.

IM5qy.jpg

At the back of the area, where boards which previously told people that they 'must escape!', new signs have been built and some theming has been built.

GAqqu.jpg

After a long while, it started to go dark so we headed over to Playful Patch, which looks amazing at night.

bmZg9.jpg

The sign could have done with being lit up but it still looks nice.

mx5CI.jpg

The Explorers Hotel looks very nice at night, the lights are very effective.

KGxnv.jpg

The Poison maze building looks great lit up at night!

9cDBk.jpg

After making our way back over Victoria Bayou, the Jukebox Rally sign is hardly visible at night with all that fog.

PfvDX.jpg

Heading back to the entrance now, a sign has been built giving directions to the mazes.

c2JrL.jpg

As the park had now closed, we started to leave and decided to pop are heads into Malibu Splash for a quick photo. New blue lights illuminate the waterpark.

Thats all for this update, thanks. Comments and feedback are greatly appreciated.

One thing I must point out is that your logo making skills are amazing, and I particulaly love the Malibu Frights logo as it looks so professional. :)

I do like your Mine Train, the theme reminds me of RMT. The ride uses plants to good use on the theme so well done there. (Something I should work on :p ) My only point of improvement is that you should use thinner supports on the Mine Train, maybe try Moby's steel works V1. :)

Those custom supports make a huge difference! I think they're long overdue but they really make the park look much better, good work! The entire park looks super for halloween too, I really like what you've done with The Virus.

For the wooden coaster I'd suggest using DasMatze's Wooden Supports Replacement, but other than that it's all good!

Once again, fantastic park! You have inspired me to do a little something myself if you wanna check it out!

http://rctlounge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12755

I really love this park! If I ever win a few hunderd million on the Lottery your the guy I would let design it!

Can you point me in the right direction of that bunting? its really cool and I would love to use something like that!

Many thanks

Joel

Hello everyone, It's been a while since my last big update, and I'm glad to announce there will be one soon!

However, my park is not quite ready just yet. So in the meantime I'll leave these faux posters that have appeared in the park over the last couple of weeks.

B1E0n.jpg

zkGQr.jpg

dtJCi.jpg