• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Media Coverage of Alton Towers

She'll keep selling these stories until no one gives a damn. People will end up just rolling their eyes when they see another article on her and ignoring it.

It was a terrible accident but she must realise that she's not doing herself any favours by being in the media all the time slating people.
I tend to feel a lot more sorry for Leah as every time I see a story about her or Joe it seems a lot more positive, and she has handled it extremely well and maturely for being so young.

Last edited:
She is obviously loving the media attention or getting money for these stories. I rather clean out my sock draw than keep reading these stories.

Yes it is terrible what has happened. Her life has now change. But she is not the only disable person in the world and there are many more people with disabilities that are in a worse position than her and are finding the world a difficult place to live in with their disabilities.

Before someone shoots me down, she has only been disable for a year now, my wife has been disable for the last 28 years.

In her defence, unless you have a disability, you have got no idea what struggles and frustration you have living with one. It's a lot harder than what you can ever imagine.

I think it's all a bit silly and pointless and sick in a way that someone wants to make money when there are bigger things going on, although in a way I cannot blame Vicky for wanting to make some money while she can. Sometimes the media do come to you for stories and wave money in your face, so who's to say that didn't happen here?

If more reputable new platforms were reporting silly things like this I would get a bit annoyed with it. On a website like the Sun though, who honestly cares?

At the end of the day we all know the bollocks these sites report, and this is just another bollocks article to join the other bollocks articles on a pretty bollocks website.

Last edited:
As the main part of the story is her tweet to the train company, i wonder if the paper does twitter trawling for stories?

As the main part of the story is her tweet to the train company, i wonder if the paper does twitter trawling for stories?
All tabloids probably do it, and it wouldn't surprise me if the broadsheets do it as well.

A few tweets with Virgin Trains and suddenly she's sold another story to the media? The way news is reported has completely changed, stories don't even need to be sold anymore. Why are enthusiasts trawling through tabloids for these kinds of stories when we all know that Alton Towers and the media barely have a relationship anymore?

The media certainly do read social media a lot, we have been contacted a number of times by various news sources following things we have put on FB or Twitter following the crash.

Ah, yes - I remember the response TS gave on Twitter when a journalist from the Mirror asked if they could use something tweeted from the TS account very well. :p

On the subject of twitter trawling, I've seen some news that's of national importance on the BBC News site today... Calvin Harris has unfollowed Taylor Swift on twitter...

I think it's happened more than once at Thorpe...

Sadly unsurprising that the kids involved are so young. I wonder if they were on a school trip? Must have been serious if they had to airlift the poor kid out. I bet that must have caused some panic, to see the air ambulance at the park again. :/

Hope all is alright for him. Never nice to go somewhere like towers and get taken off in an ambulance, for whatever reason.

I'm surprised though. I'd have thought that they'd be at least twenty mirror story's published after someone saw an air ambulance land at towers again and assumed that nemesis fell off the track or something.