• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Media Coverage of Alton Towers

That show last night wasn't bad, stuck to the facts, even if they did dramatise the girls prospective payout every 30 seconds. She actually complimented the AT first aider in the way she handled it instead of throwing them under the buss.

I must admit those two that were the subject of the show (Leah and Joe?) seem a lot more humble and dare I say it, human than it appeared, Leah has a bionic leg too, but you wouldn't know that to look at her, unlike the other girl involved, wonder why she wasn't included?

Although it shouldn't be needed I think the way AT is going about explaining the medias stories and what has happened is a really good idea - When people go on AT pages after reading it the response is there.

Their next video should be to explain what a code zero is on the Smiler so that the poor rookie batcher doesn't have to try and explain it to the hundreds of people in the queue all asking "what's a code zero?" over and over lol

What is a code zero on the smiler?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

If you're seriously asking it's to tell all the other staff members the ride is under manual control, in the case Sunday it was to release the train from the second lift hill and return it to the station. The train in front of it had stopped short of the station and some engineers went out to push it in before they bought the second one back.

Just watched the program on catch-up, and i was very impressed and happy that they got the facts spot on!
the program was very interesting overall, as well.

I have just watch the section on Victoria Derbyshire. It was about trauma research, and the lack of funding into it.
For someone like myself it was a very interesting.