• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Media Coverage of Alton Towers

Just for those who don't want to give the mirror more views:
  • "I hope that the parents of those kids, if they were watching, thought that I asked the questions that they would want the answers to."
  • "she repeatedly interrupted and challenged her interviewee on whether someone had lost a leg when the Smiler ride malfunctioned."
  • "She told him she was "sure [the families of the injured] are not interested in your sympathy at this stage" after he apologised for the accident and pressed him for details."
  • "Burley said her approach was "perfectly acceptable" and motivated by her feelings as a mother."
  • "I thought if my child had gone out for a day out to celebrate after his exams had finished, and he came out in an ambulance, I would want some answers."
  • "I thought he did a brilliant job, the chief exec, at answering the questions."
  • "I thought he tiptoed through the raindrops, I thought he kept very calm."
  • "would have drawn praise if it came from a man like Jeremy Paxman but which was criticised because it came from a woman."
  • "It’s like walking a tightrope, my job, so every day you’re never sure whether you’re going to fall off that tightrope."
  • "I'm actually very shy."
  • "I've got a skin like a rhino"

That 'Sale' did take the biscuit to be fair. Although, where was superman Andrew Penman of the Mirror at the time to save the day? Bit late now pal. They're obviously just reading through any Alton/Merlin related forum now and digging up any old issue.

Well that's the first time that the tag lines have been picked up. Confirms what we all thought, there's no chance Towers can bring them back without some sort of uproar.

I find it highly amusing that someone can be so horrified by an advert on a cereal box though!

:)

Well just the public's perception of rides at the moment.
Ok. I thought at first before I actually read it, that it was the London eye!!!
So, it's the same reason that just after the crash, in the initial, "we don't understand what has happened yet" phase of reporting the smiler crash, they used examples of deaths at 6 flags and Oakwood.

Oh my lord, lot of stuff happening in the world this week, the Calais crisis, Cecil the lion .... and Alton Towers!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...coasters-park-shuts-early-hardly-s-there.html

V1pdKs.jpg

"The Rita rollercoaster"... Really?

Doesn't this just make people WANT to go? They have a picture of air with 4 people on it, it makes me want to go.