• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Meet Guidelines

Rob

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance
I meant to bring this up after the last meet but completely forgot until now. Back on TTF we always had meet guidelines, just a few general things. However I've noticed that we don't seem to have any here, or if there are then they're not easily accessible. I know a lot of people will say we don't need them, but after certain issues at the last meet a few of us were speaking about meet guidelines just assuming that they existed and were quite concerned when we saw that there weren't any. I obviously won't name any names but one team member also just assumed that we had some!

So basically I feel as though we probably should. Just by having some guidelines it kind of covers the site of any wrong doing or whatever if things do happen, that may not be the best way to phrase that but you get what I mean. Just helps if they exist.

:)

Good point. I assume we are thinking of the same "incident", which was by no means the fault of the person or persons caught in the middle of it.
Some guidelines are definately needed to make sure such a problem does not happen again.

I'm not aware of the issue but there needs to be some sort of guidelines as you say just for pure respect to Alton towers and other members upon the meet

I'd like a full enquiry into this proposal to set up a mandatory set of regulations. Once I've read the resulting report, I'll feel more comfortable in how I feel about this. Would these rules be backed by team legislation? Would its guidelines be mandatory, or based on an opt-in clause? Although I think some of the behaviour on meets has been poor, I'm wary of anything that might prejudice the principle of 'freedom of the meet'.

Would it not be better to set up a self-regulatory system between us members, rather than have it backed up by team member edict? :)

I'm not aware of any particular incidents, but I rarely find out anyway! If I remember back from TTF, all the guidelines consisted of were to make sure you were old enough and that if not you had your parents permission and that if you did anything naughty it was off your own back and you were essentially disavowed from the forum.

Sam said:
I'd like a full enquiry into this proposal to set up a mandatory set of regulations. Once I've read the resulting report, I'll feel more comfortable in how I feel about this. Would these rules be backed by team legislation? Would its guidelines be mandatory, or based on an opt-in clause? Although I think some of the behaviour on meets has been poor, I'm wary of anything that might prejudice the principle of 'freedom of the meet'.

Would it not be better to set up a self-regulatory system between us members, rather than have it backed up by team member edict? :)

Lord Justice Gregory. Questioning by Robert Jay QC, naturally.

Im pretty sure the old guidelines were pretty simple, basically stay within the Alton Towers guidelines when on park and within any legal ones when in other place (ie bars, pubs etc) - ie to stop under age people drinking and encourage everyone to just be sensible.

As for other behaviour, Id expect just abit of common sense. We are all there for fun, but if it gets to the point where its interfering with other peoples experiences it would be reviewed.

Ultimately I think its just, dont be stupid, have fun, respect the park and everyone in it.

Jordan said:
Lord Justice Gregory. Questioning by Robert Jay QC, naturally.

pTswA.jpg

I'm obviously not talking about anything strict. Just things like stick to the parks guidelines, TowersStreet are not responsible if you do not do this. And the reminder of if you are under 16 years of age, ensure either a parent or guardian knows where you are and you have their permission to be on the meet. I just feel that it is something that needs to be written in stone, even though most of us know these things from before.

:)

Im sure as a team we can get onto this, personally I dont care - im on holiday now!

I'm certain we wrote a draft of something regarding meets. Although I've scoured around and can't find anything. Edit: Found it!

There are no guidelines as such. All we ask is that members adhere to the park rules and regulations at meets, of which can be found on the official websites of the park(s)/attraction(s) you're visiting. If you're under the age of 16, we recommend you have parental permission to attend a meet and we take no responsibility for members that attends meets, however if we deem any behaviour that may affect the group as a whole you may be asked to leave the group.

As Ian says below though, we're working on more meet related content and the meet guidelines.

We're actually in the process of creating more meet related content. Amongst that are meet guidelines. It's nothing overly strict or restricting. Just some simple points we wanted to cover :)

Ian said:
We're actually in the process of creating more meet related content. Amongst that are meet guidelines. It's nothing overly strict or restricting. Just some simple points we wanted to cover :)

We also have a handy meets Q&A coming up soon and Ian has been working his little socks off getting a snazzy meets thing ready. Should be online soon.