• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Merlin Annual Pass

The new passholder pre-book portal is now available for all pass types today - though it's been available to Platinum Passholders for a few months already.

Plus points: Pretty straightforward to create an account and get the pass linked to it, and booking regular dates at any attraction has become a much simpler and quicker process. The UI is clean and simple, if unexciting.

However it's a complete pain that I can't use the new system for booking restricted dates that require an upcharge, or paying for any add-ons such as Scarefest mazes. Maybe they have plans to do more with it, but for now it seems to be a very bare-bones solution. There is also no phone app available yet so it's only accessible through a browser for now.

I guess it's a first step in overhauling their ageing and tired old systems, but it feels like there's a very long way to go still.

Question - When they scan your passes when entering a park do they see a picture of the individual? Reason why, is we are taking my eldest son's friend with us to Thorpe in a couple of weeks rather than our youngest and didn't know whether we could get away using his pass rather than buying an additional ticket.

Question - When they scan your passes when entering a park do they see a picture of the individual? Reason why, is we are taking my eldest son's friend with us to Thorpe in a couple of weeks rather than our youngest and didn't know whether we could get away using his pass rather than buying an additional ticket.
Pictures of passes do show up on the handheld scanners. The terms state pass sharing is not permitted, so if you're caught you could end up having passes terminated without refund.

On an "official" note from a TowersStreet point of view, we don't condone the breaking of said terms on the forum either - so no further discussion please :)

Do we know the sale end date?
Black Friday is technically the 24th November, this year. The campaign usually runs over the weekend too, ending on the Sunday at 23:59. One could presume it'll end on 26th November.

Merlin haven't actually announced an end date to their sale though, and the information isn't available on their website, so they could end it sooner or later. It's entirely at their discretion, so please keep that in mind and don't hold the above as gospel.

Hi everyone iv had my merlin pass for 3 years now with all intention of visiting alot of the different parks and attractions merlin offer but all I every do is visit towers. I'm thinking about cancelling the merlin pass and just getting a towers gold pass but I'm not sure if this is a great idea. Do you think it's worth the swap for me and also iv looked into cancelling the merlin pass but the link always puts me onto buys a merlin pass 🤦 does anyone no how I would cancel it? Thanks

looked into cancelling the merlin pass but the link always puts me onto buys a merlin pass 🤦 does anyone no how I would cancel it?
Do you have an annual pass or a monthly membership? If it’s an annual pass you don’t need to cancel, just wait for it to expire on the date shown on the pass.

Or if you are paying monthly for membership you can contact them here https://support.merlinannualpass.co.uk/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000175252

As to which is worth it for you, think about which park or parks you will visit and how many times and check the dates you are interested in against the pass calendar. Assume each theme park visit will cost around £30-40 and check how much those visits will cost you. So three visits a year it’s only worth getting the pass if it’s less than £100 for the pass.

Thanks. Iv been paying monthly and usually do about 6 trips to towers a year. I did originally opt for the merlin pass to get 50% of for the family too but it's only a pound difference now to pre booking early