• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Merlin Annual Pass

For any passholders who use the Friends and Family ‘discount’, be warned this now has the potential to not be a discount at all. I imagine this is as a result of the dynamic pricing.

For example, F&F Ticket for 9th May is £34 but when booking directly on Towers website it is £30, therefore paying more as a passholder.

A further erosion of the perks in my opinion, and leaves a slightly bad taste in my mouth.

It is probably now worth double checking the general tickets before using this or any other type of discounted entry (employee perks/students etc). All seems a very Merlin implementation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yep same applies to the Kelloggs vouchers which are fixed at two people for £68, whereas go on a weekday and Alton Towers could be £29 each, so two for £58. But those £29 days are rare at the moment, only 14 for the rest of the year so not a major problem. Most weekdays are £34 or £37 anyway, so worst case the voucher price is the same as the pre-book price.

I always felt like the 50% off f&f tickets was a bit misleading anyway since it’s off the gate price which almost no one pays. Usually ended up being just a few pounds cheaper than the online price. It’s the same kind of model they use for the discount codes on cereal and soap packaging. Bit naughty really but presumably legally fine for them to do.

The surge pricing will surely make these discounts redundant on some days. Always wise to double check before booking.

The best ones are the share the fun vouchers (used to be £15 but I believe they’re now £19) but you only get those with platinum and a limited amount of them at that.

I always felt like the 50% off f&f tickets was a bit misleading anyway since it’s off the gate price which almost no one pays. Usually ended up being just a few pounds cheaper than the online price. It’s the same kind of model they use for the discount codes on cereal and soap packaging. Bit naughty really but presumably legally fine for them to do.

The surge pricing will surely make these discounts redundant on some days. Always wise to double check before booking.

The best ones are the share the fun vouchers (used to be £15 but I believe they’re now £19) but you only get those with platinum and a limited amount of them at that.
Yes they have gone up to £19 from £15 last year as my vouchers arrived this week. Also notice now you only get 6 Thorpe/Towers £5 fastrack vouchers and not chessie anymore, previously it was 3 Thorpe, 3 chessie and 3 towers. Shame these haven’t gone up as they have been £5 since the vouchers started years ago.

The 50% off bonus works well for smaller attractions like Lego Discovery. Works out a lot cheaper

There's an email circulating from Merlin about some announcement this week. New venue or just something about Hyperia? I haven't had the email yet but the Facebook groups are riddled with speculation

1000011178.jpg

There's an email circulating from Merlin about some announcement this week. New venue or just something about Hyperia? I haven't had the email yet but the Facebook groups are riddled with speculation

1000011178.jpg
Just saw this! Could it be the pass design reprint option? 🤔

Any news on if Sandcastle deal has been extended past the first 2 years?

Can’t see Merlin adding it to the pass or discounts available if they’ve only got this year left.

Most likely it’ll be the option to have different design passes, nice little money maker for Merlin.

Any news on if Sandcastle deal has been extended past the first 2 years?
Nothing as of yet. When Merlin took over the management contract they stated that they'd look into pass holder benefits/entry if the contract was made permanent.

I'd be highly surprised if this was anything to do with Sandcastle on that basis, especially since the two year contract is still running and the site is still on non Merlin systems. I'd also be amazed if it was included as free entry if they did get a permanent contract. If anything it'd likely be a discount on entry over anything else.

1000011178.jpg
Given that Hyperia's trains are now on site, I have a feeling this announcement could well be a train reveal.

Turns out the news was just the announcement of a lottery.

Simply use your Pass for your chance to win! When you make at least one pre-booked visit using your Merlin Annual Pass, you’ll automatically be entered into the end-of-the-month raffle. Then, we’ll hold a randomised draw and winners will be contacted via the email address associated with their Pass. It really is that simple!

What are the prizes?

To keep things fun, the prizes will change each month, but we’ll announce a selection of them first on social media to whet your appetite! 

Feels like this is a way of incentivising people to prebook.

I suspect as more folks realise they don’t often need one, especially off peak, that numbers prebooking might wane but as it’s useful for Merlin to have the data ahead of time offering a few prizes that don’t actually cost them much money is a positive way of addressing that.

I believe the pass needs to be scanned to be entered into the draw :)
The Office No GIF