• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Merlin Parks & Attractions: Quick Questions.

At Thorpe and Chessington they have the automated car park barriers which will scan your annual pass and let you out! Now if only Towers could bring this in.

Natalie said:
At Thorpe and Chessington they have the automated car park barriers which will scan your annual pass and let you out! Now if only Towers could bring this in.
It would be loads more efficient :)

They also have automatic barriers at Warwick castle where you have to insert your annual pass and it will let you out.

The barriers at Thorpe, Chessington and Lego are all Skidata barriers, same as the turnstiles so presumably running on the same system. They were all installed (along with the new scanning units on the turnstiles across the whole of Merlin) for the start of the same season (2011? Or possibly 2010... Can't remember precisely)...

... which was the season after the new barriers at Towers were installed, so seems unlikely that Towers will replace theirs any time soon.

(Not sure what system Warwick uses, but it's different to everything else).

Stelios said:
Anyone know of current 2 for 1's for Merlin/Thorpe beside Kelloggs cereal?

I saw them on some Mcvities cake bars in Asda the other day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Hi everyone,

I am planning on visiting this weekend with a 2 hour journey and was wondering what rides are usually affected by cold temperatures as the forecast is predicting temperatures of 0 -1 degrees throughout the day? Do any rides not open at all or does Thorpe usually manage to open all rides by the end of the 8 hour day? I've never been to Thorpe in the cold before so am anxious about my friends getting to ride everything.

Many Thanks

I'll be visiting Thorpe Park on Tuesday. My sister has a some fast-passes to collect in response from Thorpe to a visit last season. Does anyone know where you go to collect these as she has a confirmation number so will it be Guest Services? I do remember there being a cabin before the ticket booths which would deal with this stuff a few years ago? It doesn't specify on the email.

Many thanks!

^ My guess would be Guest Services or possibly the Fastrack desks in either the dome or by Nemesis Inferno's shop. You could always ask a member of staff by the turnstiles and I'm sure they could help you. :)

Does anybody know if it's possible to change the attraction on where you pick up a renewed Annual Pass from? I'm speaking from after the confirmation of the booking order has been made as I realised where I was picking it up from wasn't entirely that convenient for me after all.

Hello

I'm looking for a decent cheap hotel near to Thorpe Park for fright nights, does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Heathrow Airport Hotel is pretty cheap, it's quite nice as well. It's about £100 a night, I think, and it's about a 15 minute drive away from Thorpe.

Or there's the Travelodge in Staines, but I don't know anything about that, I haven't stayed there.

:)

Plenty of Travelodges around. Heathrow T5 just off the M25, Heathrow Central, Heathrow M4 & Sunbury are all a short drive to Thorpe. There is a Travelodge at Staines too, but this one is often quite expensive. Quite easy to pick up a room for around £21-£35 at the others though.

Just watch out for Car Parking charges. Heathrow T5 and Central charge £7.50 per 24 hours, Sunbury charge is £4 (Can be pre paid via the TL website to save messing about with coins when you arrive. Heathrow Heston M4 Services Travelodges (There are two Travelodges, one Westbound and one Eastbound, have free parking. However the service station TL's do not have a restaurant & bar area, which is something the other Travelodges mentioned have.

Hello.

I apologise if this is the wrong area but I couldn't see a specific 'Legoland' area (and yes, I know this is an Alton Towers based forum) :)

I collect pop badges from Legoland Windsor and am looking for some of the older ones. If anyone here has visited LLW and has some pop badges they don't want I'd be grateful if they could message me.

I hope this post is acceptable and it's not intended to be spam but, if it's taken as such then I do apologise in advance.

Bit of a n00b question, but hey, I don't care.

I usually renew my MAP via my parent's Clubcard vouchers, but there's a couple of other things they want to use their vouchers for this year, and they've asked me to investigate whether it's worth getting my MAP on them this year. So I'm asking what the absolute cheapest I can renew my MAP is WITHOUT using Clubcard. It's the Standard pass I'm after, not the Premium.

Having a look at the online renewal rate, it's currently £111.30

But they do the January sale of course. As an existing passholder, am I eligible for the January sale, and if so will it add 12 months onto the end of my current expiry date (23.02.14)?

The January sale was £99 this year, am I right in presuming it'll
a) definitely happen again this year?
b) be a similar price?

Thanks. :)

Sam said:
Bit of a n00b question, but hey, I don't care.

I usually renew my MAP via my parent's Clubcard vouchers, but there's a couple of other things they want to use their vouchers for this year, and they've asked me to investigate whether it's worth getting my MAP on them this year. So I'm asking what the absolute cheapest I can renew my MAP is WITHOUT using Clubcard. It's the Standard pass I'm after, not the Premium.

Having a look at the online renewal rate, it's currently £111.30

But they do the January sale of course. As an existing passholder, am I eligible for the January sale, and if so will it add 12 months onto the end of my current expiry date (23.02.14)?

The January sale was £99 this year, am I right in presuming it'll
a) definitely happen again this year?
b) be a similar price?

Thanks. :)

I tried to renew during the sale last year, but they just issued me a completely fresh pass instead. That's what you'll have to do, otherwise you have to pay the higher renewal rate.

Re: Merlin Parks & Attractions: Quick Questions.

There's no guarantee that they'll run another sale, or that the terms will be the same if they do, but it seemed popular and we know how predictable Merlin are. In this year's sale you could indeed extend your pass' renewal date by an additional year even if your renewal wasn't due for months (which I think you could probably do at any time of the year anyway if you wanted to). As for prices, if they increase then it shouldn't be by too much, otherwise the offer will look much less appealing to anyone that wouldn't otherwise buy a pass.