• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Merlin Studios North Relocation

Stevie

TS Member
Merlin Studios North is relocating to new home in Alton Village. It shall be now housed at the old Mill house on Station Road in Alton..

Capture-7.jpg

For the past few days, there have been Merlin Studio vans parked outside, crashing and banging coming from inside the building. We were speaking to worker and he explained that they are ready to move all the stuff from Towers down in the Mill. They are currently renovating the building to make it safe to work in and are now clearing out all the old rubbish from inside such as old leaflets and what not.

This is what I picked up...
DSC_0542-1.jpg

:)

Perhaps planning ahead for when the railway is installed and then allow a second entrance to be built in Cloud Cuckoo Land?

Are you sure it is for relocation? There has been Studios vans outside their but there is no land outside to put larger structures in such as the recent Ambulance at Thorpe or the old Volcano from the Easter Events. Neither of which would fit in there.

Not only that the larger tent structures would be wasted unless relocated on park to near HQ perhaps as theres no land near the mill for them

Interesting. That means all of coaster corner will be cleared of studios again...

I agree with Ash, the site seems small for the whole of Merlin Studios North to relocate too, unless their is land behind the mill

Also i fear having large lorry's transporting such things as Ambulance at Thorpe & other large objects would be a nuisance too the village being so close too it now, would it not? ???

Studios North have been at the site, in what context I dont know. As ive said perhaps the other buildings are being relocated and this building is being used for something else. Perhaps they could be relocated to around Duel?

Ash said:
Perhaps planning ahead for when the railway is installed and then allow a second entrance to be built in Cloud Cuckoo Land?

Are you sure it is for relocation? There has been Studios vans outside their but there is no land outside to put larger structures in such as the recent Ambulance at Thorpe or the old Volcano from the Easter Events. Neither of which would fit in there.

Not only that the larger tent structures would be wasted unless relocated on park to near HQ perhaps as theres no land near the mill for them

There is quite a considerable amount of land behind the building. I live right next to the building and trust me, there is. :)

I was behind there Wednesday. There's a very small car park and the house that the coach crashed past. There's a bit of land around it but I dont think it's with it, it's not very big and It certainly can't hold the three structures from MSN

Has this building always been owned by towers then, judging by the leaflets found inside?!

I've always thought it'd be ace as a B&B or something, great to see it actually being put to some use.

thefatone said:
Has this building always been owned by towers then, judging by the leaflets found inside?!

I've always thought it'd be ace as a B&B or something, great to see it actually being put to some use.

Yeah, it's been owned by Towers for quite a few years now.

:)

Could this possibly not just be an admin/management building for MSN? It'd surely be easier to access than the current site for interested third parties? :)

The building is owned by Alton Towers. it's been used for storage and is being renovated to continue to be used for storage. Nothing exciting I'm afraid.

Either that or they are demolishing the old MSN site and building a 15 inversion, vertically launched, flying, out and back woodie.