• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Merlinpool

Enk27

TS Member
Couldn't find a general topic for the Merlin Midways in Blackpool so thought I'd start one, please merge if there is already a topic.

Visited Merlinpool recently and there were some changes since the last time I was there.

The Dungeons had their Christmas Ghost show on. For the most part this was the same show as normal although with a different chapel scene. A little disappointing as there were other parts which could have benefited from a temporary change.

It may have been said before but Extremis at Blackpool has been renamed Drop Dead like the London Dungeon - no changes has been made to the ride though.

The Tower Circus had it's Annual Panto on and this was much improved from last year. They have gone for a much looser interpretation of the material with more variety in the acts and more "adult friendly" jokes (think Dreamworks and Pixar nudge nudge adult jokes).

It won't be for everyone but it is a great distraction for 2 and a half hours if it's raining outside.

Tussauds was pretty much the same although the upselling of the photo's seems to have decreased (or we have become better at telling them no).

The big news is that the Rovers Return is now a licensed bar. The prices were around the same as the pubs which was a shock. With a MAP they are even better, we got a 2 drink round for under a fiver. I think spirits were £2.50 a single (not including discount).

I can't see people flocking to spend all day there (in fact I think it is discouraged as I saw a sign that said a 2 drink max) however if you are in Tussauds anyway it's a good way to spend a hour (or 2 we spent so long that didn't manage to get to Sea Life).

All in all its nice to see that they are trying to encourage repeat visits by adding things to Merlinpool.