• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Minecraft: Alton Towers Recreation (Working Rides & Public Server) OPENS AUGUST

kydog1299

TS Member
Hi everyone,
We have been creating a 24/7 server based on a city setting. It has city areas, town areas, villages and plain country area. 1 attraction we have already completed is The Meus Dungeons, and our next project is Alton Towers in the city. It will be quite a bit out the city, but you won't have to walk, we have cars & trains on the city!

Edit: Many roads will take you to the place you need to get to. You can start a business, become a police officer, bank manager, small business owner, large business owner & more! You can own a house, a car, go shopping, get married, go to local tourist attractions, explore the towns & cities of the server and so much more.

The server will be opening in June 2013 this will be complete with Alton Towers, Dungeons, Sea Life, Catherdral, Skyscrapers, all roads, some shops, houses. You can also build your own business office/shop and house on plots for 1000IC. The currency is 1000IC at the moment.

We're looking for people to help operate the rides on the server by hitting buttons and operating attractions like The Smiler, Sanctuary, Oblivion, TH13TEEN, Rita and more. If your intrested to become a ride op, message me on TowersStreet. We need around 40 workers to operate rides, food places, stalls, walk through attractions, welcome hosts, box office workers, street ents & Sanctuary scare acting, monorail staff and Car park staff.

:twirly:

Re: Alton Towers Recreation (24/7 Public Feed The Beast/Minecraft Server)

No penison haha! ;)

However we are treating it as a real city. But how it works is you get paid on the server in IC for working at places. The main benefit of working at Alton Towers on the server is if you work for us for 1 whole year/season, your final money installment is about 20,000 IC (Industrial Credits is the currencey on the server).

Your paid according to your job title. So, if you work as say a Ride Op, you'd get more than what the Food servers will get.

Like I say, if your intrested drop me a message on here. Of course because the ride systems are complex on the server and can breakdown easy by 1 mistake, training will be on for 1 month and starts in July/August. It's great fun operating the rides.

With the money on the server you get you can buy houses, impress people, get power, build a manison, build a huge business or buy everything you've dreamed of.

;D

I sort of think you need to re-evaluate what's fun in game design. Why would I want to have a job in minecraft, when the only benefits I get out of it, I could get by just playing the game normally.

Especially when that job consists of pressing a button and nothing else.

Doesn't just consist of pressing a button. That was an example. But to be quite honest, you'd need to be in the game to see just how fantastic the recreation is and to see how much the staff would be able to do.

Just like molst servers, the aim is to get popular within the city, get the most money, and then get elected into power (Like Mayor or something). So it's a server where there's always something to do.

We haven't sorted out the stocks and jobs side of the Theme Park yet, we're still building it. But i'll let you know what the jobs consist of and stuff around June 2013. :)

So, I left posting on this for a while to see what people thought of the idea first. I can now release screenshots of all the WORKING attractions in the park. We are yet to complete Forbidden Valley, Mutiny Bay, Katanga Canyon, Gloomy Wood, Hex, The Towers, Farmyard & other small sections. We have however almost completed X Sector, Dark Forest, Towers Street. Adventure Land, The Sanctuary (Housed in different building), Walkways & we are now starting the Skyride along with Cloud Cuckoo Land.

Most of you said you didn't think the whole 'getting people to operate rides' would work. It did. We currently have around 9-10 people operating the main attractions such as The Smiler, Oblivion, The Sanctuary, TH13TEEN, Rita, Sonic Spinball & Squirrel Nutty. All of whom have been trained to operate the rides. The ride systems are complex for us but EVERY RIDE works and is rideable, fully themed & story-lined. This is the FIRST ever time you can ride Oblivion in Minecraft, it's never been done using red wire or track ever before.

Tonight, we are preparing for previews. The Sanctuary will be open along with The Smiler, Oblivion, TH13TEEN (With WORKING CRYPT), Rita, Sonic Spinball & Squirrel Nutty. The Sanctuary has been rated by the public on scares as a 9/10. We advise all people who come on The Sanctuary to be in a SKYPE CALL with the main operating hosts who will play audio down the call.

I am now prepared to allow people to come on the server tonight for 1 night only for the preview event. Previews are from 6pm-11pm with The Sanctuary open from 7pm-8pm & 9pm-10pm. Multiple resturants will also open such as The Burger Kitchen, Towers Family & Fried Chicken Co. The IP will be given at 6pm on this topic tonight.

IF your interested in operating the rides & want to operate them from June 1st onwards every Saturday or so, then private message me and I'll get something sorted for today so you can train operate tonight for the preview event.

Edit: This isn't really a recreation. It's Towers rides & theming, with twists. We modify and manage the park ourselfs, not by what Towers do. It's slightly different.

I will leave you with screenshots.

LfdaGtx.png

PasVh1a.jpg

UGargZ5.jpg

1xHJI2T.png

Rita with WORKING LIGHTS
Wzf7vnl.jpg

L4Z67QC.png

TdnBMzO.jpg

Some staff & visitors of The Sanctuary
uLATSk4.png

BaV1DX1.jpg

eIpRSDo.png

vBLwC9g.jpg

The Sanctuary (Housed next to The Smiler for space purposes) I cannot show you inside the maze
xXCfcxG.png

zU6Qpkv.jpg

lUTXs4A.png

TH13TEEN with working crypt and still work to do!
BEVS86v.jpg

IyV8ErO.png

2 seater Eurofighter (The Smiler)
zljb2x5.png

Ny2ti8e.png

10 seater TH13TEEN
OHFyv09.png

Previews tonight. IP coming on topic at 6pm. Don't miss it!
XjvStPq.jpg

Server IP: 94.229.64.21
Edit: Please download FTB from: http://feed-the-beast.com/
Then, type in your password & user for NORMAL MINECRAFT
select the Mindcrack Mod Pack on the Launcher
LAUNCH the game
Type in the server I.P

Small Update: Mutiny Bay is finally taking shape! We no longer have ANY preview events expect the Friends & Family Preview on May 24th & 25th, which is invite ONLY.

We have also directed the departments and the head of each department. For the moment, we have 5 departments and 5 head of departments (1 for each). We also have public actors who have shown interest over the past few weeks and are now Sanctuary hosts or actors.

From our reviews SO FAR, EVERYONE has said at some point inside our horror maze (Sanctuary) they felt scared, or felt jumpy moments from the audio we play. So yes, it does work, before anyone says it doesn't.

We have the park opening on June 1st 2013, and then Summer Nights Festival from July 19th-End of August, and then Scarefest, then Fireworks, then Christmas. Lots of events, lots of rides, lots of stuff to do!

Few screenshots of Mutiny Bay so far
V57DvJV.jpg

hI2FcOw.png

DgevmkH.jpg

zIOWNa2.png

A Smiler update for everyone. We now have a creative team & creative building team working on the server. Many of the servers jobs are now being taken. We still have quite a few left over though. And, today the creative team have done more to The Marmiliser, including more effects and theming. Snapshots can be found below. Just to CONFIRM the park opens on June 1st 2013 at 2pm and closes at 2am (real time). After 2am the server goes whitelisted. If your interested in working on the server in Entertainments, Ride Operations, Ride hosting, Food & Beverage or Park services then message me on this forum before May 20th.

You get 2-6 days off a week depending. :)

Snapshots:
New Gas Canisters
EQX7ORx.jpg

More Tickler Brushes
nJtX92I.jpg

New Hypnotizer Blocks
zOQEFBi.jpg

Another Flasher, and The Inoculator
EZjRVrQ.png

The Inoculator
Wuv7aw5.jpg

Time to #getcorrected
01NLn7D.png

Leave a suggestion or comment if you wish. And yes once again, the job system works, Sanctuary works, everything works perfectly.

Re: Minecraft: Alton Towers Recreation (Working Rides & Public Server) OPENS JUNE 1

Is there any jobs left?

Re: Minecraft: Alton Towers Recreation (Working Rides & Public Server) OPENS JUNE 1

Sure are! We delayed our opening until August 1st. :)

Introducing a half finished X Sector. Still got LOADS more to do like Fried Chicken Co & The Smiler. Once this is complete, we will work on Cloud Cuckoo Land & Dark Forest :)

pw9G1xE.png

SxD5hRt.jpg

PGXomt1.jpg

5Kuh0Gd.png

K1W3ruf.png

vWeMOFq.jpg

Now, The Towers have been made by Dan Bayliss, just to alert you incase copyright things or credit take things happen etc...

The Sanctuary & Terror of the Towers will be housed in here soon
Z9iIlP8.png

JU0CRK0.png

qSPgxda.jpg

f4JvxoI.jpg

HrsBgop.png

Hex update: The ride is almost complete. Theming in the vault is now done, and the ride cycle is now done. All that needs doing is the Octagon room and the Picture room. Here are some pictures of the recent test of Hex of the different scenes during the ride operating.
ALL PICTURES ARE LOW QUALITY, SORRY!

Hex Ambient Lighting, when you leave and enter the vault
CtQXwxZ.jpg

Lights are out, ride is about to begin!
1VUcn50.png

During the spinning cycle!
6YDBX2W.png

Still spinning, although it's hard to see!
poBuw9X.png

Spinning with the lightning effects!
LuSdmsi.png

Flashing lights, smoke & fire!
bC8PHNd.png

Smoke & Fire again!
c5atLeB.png

The branch has lit up! The ride is almost over.
OfpY3H4.png

Ambient lighting is back on, the ride is over, doors will now open to exit.
KwtfpKp.png

SCAREFEST will be running from Sept 28th-Nov 3rd. Entertainments are already setting up the mazes intime. 5 mazes to build, 3 scare zones, 4 shows and more.

Presenting, a taste of Cloud Cuckoo Land and the Firework display construction! We should soon have Ice Age, which will be a 4D effects and character show, which will take place every hour from 3pm-9pm BST except 6pm. The show will last 10-15 minutes, including smoke, snow, ice, lighting, moving seating, water and fire! Not to forget, you're favourite Ice Age film characters: Sid, Scrat, Manny, Ellie, Peaches, Dieago and more! During Off Peak times, we will run the Ice Age show from 1pm-10pm except 4pm and 7pm.

Also, our firework display for opening night in August. We will now OPEN ON AUGUST 10TH, following our staff training on the weekend before.

Our firework show is to music too! The display will last 15-20 minutes!

yDRHdrq.png

kt3ei1Q.png

Y6bQYEL.png

IE6wB7s.png

fKjPOZL.png

OW6HtyV.png

Dqcn0SU.png

CSwu7se.png

qAhbimU.png

Cx8oEBG.png

8jDLqAX.png

Another update soon! Interested in becoming a ride operator? Ride host? Entertainments host? Scare actor? Guest relations? Private message me NOW for more details!

We are OPEN now for a Ice Age 4D Preview. IP: 94.229.64.21
Rides Available: Ice Age 4D Experience, Oblivion, Enterprise, Submission, Hex, Driving School, Frog Hopper and sections of The Towers.

We are open until 7.30pm.

MUST HAVE Feed The Beast Mindcrack modpack verison 8.2.0.

hi kydog! i would love to be a ride op on this server! i love the idea! its brill, i cant seem to join onto the server as im getting a java script error. can i be a ride op? i would love this job! i havnt got the beast modpack but will this server still work?
P.S, can i have the ride op of a good ride like rita or thi13een or the smiler.
Sincerely Ffin Elliott

Oh god. I'd expect more considering you have such a vast mudpack at your disposal to be honest.