• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

MINI MEET: Blackpool Pleasure Beach / Alton Towers: 22-23 February 2014

I cannae justify staying over in BP, however I might come for the day. I haven't been in way too long.

Me and t'other Bear are definitely up for BPPBPBBPB. Josh hasn't been subject to Rev or Valhalla yet, so I want to rectify that!

Costs prohibit staying and doing AT however :(

EDIT: Is anyone going past the gorgeous Stafford on the way to Blackpool? Save getting the train there, and faffing with the buses to pleasure beach. No problems if not :D

Dar said:
Me and t'other Bear are definitely up for BPPBPBBPB. Josh hasn't been subject to Rev or Valhalla yet, so I want to rectify that!

Costs prohibit staying and doing AT however :(

EDIT: Is anyone going past the gorgeous Stafford on the way to Blackpool? Save getting the train there, and faffing with the buses to pleasure beach. No problems if not :D

I might be able to help with travel to BPB but not certain. I was considering staying on the Friday night somewhere too, to avoid a very early get-up.

pritchardavid said:
tryst said:
I am interested!

I've not been to BPB before, so going with some seasoned peeps would be really helpful.

I'll be travelling from Kent, so will probably be able to help someone with transport.

That would defo help me out basically getting off the m25 and a few minutes drive.
I'm no longer in a position to offer transport, sorry! I'm still going and will have a few friends in tow at Alton Towers.

Hotel chosen is just off the M6 motorway at junction 21 as follows:

Holiday Inn Warrington
Woolston Grange Avenue,
Warrington,
England WA1 4PX

Rooms with 2 doubles, which sleep 2 adults, costs £86.00 for 2 nights (pay on arrival) - so £43.00 per person for 2 nights - or slightly cheaper if you pay online. Myself, Sam G, Mike will be provisionally staying on Friday AND Saturday nights.

Book here: https://www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hotels/gb/en/reservation

Use promo code 1466 for £15 wristbands, an extra £3 off the 10 day advance price.

Once again I have been trumped by a meeting in London. Hope you guys have a great time at Mandyland.

I'd ask you all to have a go on the Big One for me, but the rumours I hear about James might lead you all to the wrong conclusions.

;D

Will be doing Saturday, does anyone know any cheap/free car parks in Blackpool? After spending £60 on petrol I don't fancy forking out another £5-10 to park.

Ben. said:
Will be doing Saturday, does anyone know any cheap/free car parks in Blackpool? After spending £60 on petrol I don't fancy forking out another £5-10 to park.

Drive to the far end (south) of the pleasure beach along the promenade and turn left right after the end of the park. The street there is free and usually has spaces free if you arrive early enough. Just a short walk back along the prom to the park entrance.

There are quite a few roads around there with free parking, either like Badgy said at the very end of the park near big blue hotel, quite a few roads along there with free parking, you just need to walk past pleasure beach back to entrance. Or roads near the Travelodge have free parking, and I wouldn't think they will be too busy due to it not being the summer yet (and most hotels will probably be quiet).

Really looking forwards to this now!

Hotel is good value, Pleasure Beach is good value - all is well!

:D

Booked a ticket for pleasure beach I've only ever done Pepsi max and Valhalla

josht said:
Booked a ticket for pleasure beach I've only ever done Pepsi max and Valhalla

You're in for a treat when you ride Infusion.

Is there anyone in Worksop, Leeds, Sheffield, Manchester or even Huddersfield that may require a lift? Person I was takeing has dropped out and could really use some petrol help. Long shot I know but still :)

Ben. said:
Is there anyone in Worksop, Leeds, Sheffield, Manchester or even Huddersfield that may require a lift? Person I was takeing has dropped out and could really use some petrol help. Long shot I know but still :)

Dependant on what plans I make with Mike, I could possibly be looking for a lift. But I'm not entirely sure yet :)