• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

MINI MEET: Blackpool Pleasure Beach / Alton Towers: 22-23 February 2014

Sammy said:
Ben. said:
Is there anyone in Worksop, Leeds, Sheffield, Manchester or even Huddersfield that may require a lift? Person I was takeing has dropped out and could really use some petrol help. Long shot I know but still :)

Dependant on what plans I make with Mike, I could possibly be looking for a lift. But I'm not entirely sure yet :)
Allrite, could you PM me when you know :)

Wish I could make this meet as I do love Blackpool, but unfortunately finances and real life are conspiring against me on this one.

Have a great time all, and I hope to see you at Blackpool some point in the season. :)

Ugh, work have just thrown a load of extra hours at me that I didn't particularly want.
I want to do Blackpool, but don't much want to spend the weekend being knackered again - there's a chance of me wanting to spend some quality time with my bed on Saturday!

I'll keep one eye on my energy levels and the other on the weather forecast and let you know for definite on Wednesday evening. I'll be at Blackpool if at all possible :)

Sod it - I'm in :)
Just rinsed my bank account paying for another week in the Travelodge of joy, but I'll get my band as soon as I'm paid on Friday :)

Ben. said:
Is there anyone in Worksop, Leeds, Sheffield, Manchester or even Huddersfield that may require a lift? Person I was takeing has dropped out and could really use some petrol help. Long shot I know but still :)

What are your plans/terms for this offer?

I might actually be able to get to Manchester from Cardiff on Friday or Saturday.

Only just saw this post though so I haven't booked anything! It would be nice to meet some of you finally though.

Laura said:
Ben. said:

What are your plans/terms for this offer?

I might actually be able to get to Manchester from Cardiff on Friday or Saturday.

Only just saw this post though so I haven't booked anything! It would be nice to meet some of you finally though.

I am going from Shrewsbury if you need a lift this might be easier for you as there is a direct train to Shrewsbury.

You would have to also put up with fellow member Vicky.

I think it's putting up with you that'd be the largest factor to take into consideration, Russ ;)

Booked my Pleasurable Beach tickets (thanks John) and travel - I'm a definite for this now!

I can't take credit for the code, it was posted on CPBE.

I've also just booked my wristband which means my attendance is finally confirmed. I'll be driving up from Stockport so if anyone still needs a lift let me know.

Can safely say There's no reason for me to visit Blackpool again great company thought

I had a great time today, thanks everyone :)

I've never been a fan of BPB, but as usual, anywhere is fun with TS! Some hilarious moments, including Sam calling my hubby a jock, Derby Racer fun, a very interesting (ahem) conversation with Will in the Nash queue, and seeing how soaked Josh got on Valhalla.

Slightly disappointed we didn't get to ride everything we wanted to, but that's our fault for being late, as usual! Have fun at Towers tomorrow, everyone who is going. ;)

Much better day than expected yesterday :D

Highs:
MOUSE MOUSE MOUSE M-M-M-MOUSEMOUSEMOUSE MOUSE MOUSE MOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUSE
Of course, seeing everyone again
THE EYE. IT TWITCHES.

Lows:
Feeling like death near the end
DIRE throughput on everything
Farcical opening

John for the lifts to and from Stockport, what a legend
Anyone who went on Mouse, it gave me an excuse to ride ;)

To be fair the park actually opened early, but ride operations/throughputs were pretty bad on the whole.

The park wasn't really that busy but Nash, Dipper and PMBO were all on low capacity which resulted in some rather unpleasant queues for those rides and made it seem busier than it actually was. If all 3 had been on high capacity it would have been fine.

John said:
To be fair the park actually opened early, but ride operations/throughputs were pretty bad on the whole.

The park wasn't really that busy but Nash, Dipper and PMBO were all on low capacity which resulted in some rather unpleasant queues for those rides and made it seem busier than it actually was. If all 3 had been on high capacity it would have been fine.
That's a shame. When you say unpleasant, were they in excess of 30 minutes?

I didn't time any of them, but they all moved pretty slowly. Nash was to the top of the stairs, Dipper's queue started at the entrance and PMBO's was most of the way down the ramp whenever we were at that end of the park. Nash and Dipper would have been under 30 min as there isn't enough space for a 30 minute queue even on low capacity, PMBO was more though.

John said:
I didn't time any of them, but they all moved pretty slowly. Nash was to the top of the stairs, Dipper's queue started at the entrance and PMBO's was most of the way down the ramp whenever we were at that end of the park. Nash and Dipper would have been under 30 min as there isn't enough space for a 30 minute queue even on low capacity, PMBO was more though.
Ah, that's a shame but it is only February so they might not have been expecting big queues.
PMBO runs one train too often IMO, but again it's only Feb.

Out of interest, how was the National running?