• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

MINI MEET: Final Appointment? - Alton Towers Resort, 11/04/2013

LewisNavex

TS Member
Favourite Ride
EuroSat
It's the last week of The Sanctuary being open this week. Me and a few others are popping in for a final Appointment and of course other attractions. Care To Tag along GET CORRECTED with us?

Current Attendees:
LewisNavex
djtruefitt
Dan Marks
Gazag
DaveW
Badger

Currently Maybe:
VickyT
DanielF
Sam
Dagan
JoodeyPoodey

Oh don't tempt me when I'm on my day off college and when I'm already planning to next Sunday! :p

Probably just had my last appointment :(

There really is that many mistakes in my posts?! Damn this Tapatalk milarky! :)

LewisNavex said:
Rowe said:
Oh don't tempt me when I'm on my day off college and when I'm already planning to next Sunday! :p

:( But...But...But...ROWE!? *-Cries-*

This appointment is transport and work based dependent however! We shall see ;)

edit: WAIT. I'm actually busy that afternoon and with travel being a bit bleugh, I can't do it! :(

Meeting at the bottom of Towers Street near Box Office/Family Restaurant at around 9:15-9:30am See you there! :)

TRIP REPORT

My first mini meet for quite a while and this one really gave me a wake up call on what I had been missing out on. I had such a marvelous time with some fantastic people who I probably wouldn't normally get round to talking to on an official meet; not even the rain, cold and power failures could dampen our spirits (mostly because we were all hugging each other so much). :D

After meeting Dave W outside Splash Landings at about 9:15am we headed to a reasonably busy monorail which was very well batched by 2 staff members. After about 3 minutes of waiting we boarded the celebration rail driven by none other than the legendary Josh Charlton who did a splendid job taking us to the theme park entrance. ;)

I had to renew my annual pass and both the ticket booths and box office pleasantly had short queues, but both had new staff which required assistance but were very friendly and apologetic.

After doing Rita and Th13teen which both had about 5 minute queues. and then it was SANCTUARY TIME!

A good run through The Sanctuary. The lady batching was wonderful; really chirpy and creepy at the same time, which I expect from anyone to do with The Smiler. Dr Kelman wasn't in on the first run but I was told that he rarely makes an appearance in the morning, but the Dr covering him was very creepy and entertaining to. There weren't as many actors as I was expected but enough to satisfy.

Unfortunately after The Sanctuary the park was plunged into darkness due to a power cut. I was quite strange/interesting to see the park in this state; all of the outlets were blacked out and there was no music in the ride areas and even Pizza/Pasta had to be evacuated. Nevertheless Alton Towers sent all the actors out of Sub Terra and The Sanctuary to wander their corresponding areas to entertain the disappointed guests, the most impressive had to be pirates and grounds keepers who head to Towers Street where most guests were heading to guest services to complain. Kids and adults and Kidadults like ourselves thoroughly enjoyed to street show the performers were giving and Badger joined them in a dance and YMCA.

Anyway as we were on our way to Towers Trading as there wasn't much more to do. We found out that many staff members were outside Guest Services handing out sheets of paper for us to write down our information and we were told that we would receive compensation for the inconvenience that was totally not there fault, bravo towers.

Afterwards it was getting time for a hot drink and of course we ventured towards Cloud Cookoo Land to receive our free hot drink courtesy of the Merlin Annual Pass. Although my hot chocolate wasn't as chocolatey as expected, it was promptly replaced with one of the nicest Hot Chocolates I think I've ever had (The fact it was free was even better)!

By this time most of the rides were back online and we headed to Valley for some much needed Nemesis accompanied by Hex, another riun of The Sanctuary and the best run of Sub Terra I've experienced to date.

Overall I was thoroughly satisfied with my day. I was wonderful to see my good friends again and to see Towers handling such inconveniences so well.

Pros

+ Great little group
+ Michael only wanted £2 for the journey
+ Michael "as always" an excellent travel companion
+ Quite a quiet day given the time of year
+ Badger introducing to David, "Female me" and sticking with us for the rest of the day
+ We had a great ride count until the power cut got in our way
+ Entertainments really stepped up their game
+ All the staff I had encountered all day were wonderful
+ Oblivion's mist is back! ;D
+ Marmalizer looks AMAZING in person
+ Staff were looking through the fences to peak on The Smiler, Happy to see they're just as excited as we are!
+ The Sanctuary on great form, Dr Kelman giving us a very "Sincere" and personal welcome
+ Dr Kelman hugging Badger and saying he was going to "Take her in a room and cut her up" :twirly:
+ FREE COFFEE!
+ 3for2 on sweets! "OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNONM"
+ I went to the Hotel Conference Centre for the first time and I was utterly overwhelmed!
+ THESE STUPID MALLOW LOLLIES HIDDEN BEHIND THE ICE CREAM FRIDGE IN THE ICE AGE SHOP
ulRXAFn.jpg

Cons
- Power Cut
- Bad Weather
- The Rain/Rides utterly RUINED my hair, I looked atrocious all day
- Cross Valley Path "DAMN YOU GAZAG"
- Gazag farting in the Hex queue line and everyone was blaming me
- Skyride was closed all day
- Most of The Smiler merchandise is still FAR too expensive
- Staff training affected the throughput of most rides
- It all had to end :(

Throughput Calculator Results:

Oblivion
McI6sDW.png

Hex
mYfJYqh.png

This report will be updated if I think of anything that needs adding. ;D

Thank you where it's due for such a terrific time everyone! See you again soon! ;D