• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Mini Meet - KD Theming Technologies (Merlin theming supplier)

BigAl

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Forbidden Journey
kdt2logo.jpg

Today I was informed by Natalie about KD Theming Technologies, a company that creates some of the theming and animatronics for various UK theme parks, including Merlin Parks, Sundown, the Pleasure Beach, Oakwaood and more. It's possible to visit their showroom in Huddersfield for a look at what the company are capable of, so we were wondering if anyone from TST would like to join us for a day there? Apparently there's a ride through a part of the showroom - another great reason to come! :D

Natalie has already contacted the company about arranging for a group of us to go on a tour, so we should hopefully have a response to how many will be able to go around soon. We're aiming for the 29th of September, so please include which day you'd rather it be on so we can inform them.

So anyway, here's some of the work that the company has done...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMAW9zealbE#ws

Anyone recognise this? ;)

theming-concept-design-21.jpg

If not, I'm sure you'll be able to gather who these pieces were for: :p

theming-concept-design-29.jpg

theming-concept-design-31.jpg

theming-concept-design-38.jpg

theming-concept-design-39.jpg

theming-concept-design-30.jpg

theming-concept-design-40.jpg

theming-special-effects-01.jpg

theming-special-effects-05.jpg

Their animatronics:

theming-animatronics-01.jpg

theming-animatronics-03.jpg

theming-animatronics-16.jpg

Even if you're not interested, I strongly suggest visiting their website for a look around. They've got some amazing work on there!

So, who's interested? :)

I'd be up for the 29th, although the 22nd clashes with Merlinpool :)

We'll push for the 29th then so it's accessible to a few more people. :)

I am interested and it's a change from Towers just before Scarefest starts! I've wanted to go here for a while but they shut the showroom between the end of Sept and the end of Feb. This would be the very last weekend we could go before they shut for the year.

Assuming the company responds positively, I'd definitely be interested!

I'm at Towers on the Saturday, so could stay at a TL somewhere between the two - works out quite well...

Massively interested by this but I think I'd struggle to make it down there on a weekday as I'll be back at uni by then. I'm probably doing Merlinpool as well so the 22nd wouldn't be possible either.

Ah well, I look forward to the trip reports.

CGM said:
Massively interested by this but I think I'd struggle to make it down there on a weekday as I'll be back at uni by then. I'm probably doing Merlinpool as well so the 22nd wouldn't be possible either.

The 29th is a Sunday?

Natalie said:
CGM said:

The 29th is a Sunday?

Well that changes things then, I opened the calender and forgot that it isn't September! In that case, I'll do my best to be there.

I still haven't heard anything from them yet, I am still hoping they say yes. Might drop them another email?

Natalie said:
I still haven't heard anything from them yet, I am still hoping they say yes. Might drop them another email?

Is there a phone number you could contact them with? It might be easier and would be certainly more direct.

Any updates on this? Looking to book accommodation for my separate visit to Towers later today, and would be good to know if this is likely to be going ahead or not...

I think we're still waiting on Nat to sort something out? I can give them a call if necessary to arrange something.

If I can find a number, I'll give them a call in the morning.