• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

MINI MEET: Oakwood and Cardiff, 31st August-1st September 2013

Good news, everyone! Me and Kelpie can make it. XD

Our plan is to drive overe there early(ish) on Saturday, stay over somewhere, and spend Sunday making our way back at a leasurely pace.

We will have space to offer lifts if someone needs it. We are in London so it's pretty much a straight line west for us. Not sure how useful that will be to most of you though.

Was looking forward to this, but unfortunately the date now clashes with a trip to Disneyland Paris I've organised.

So where are people staying Saturday night then? Need to get cracking and book somewhere. May as well ask who's where so we can have a drink or two after the park. :p

I'll be going now, will book accommodation soon in Newport, Cardiff or Swansea.

Who is going? Rob has gone quiet!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Me and Hils will be there. We probably won't get there till lunch time though, certainly not for opening, anyway. It's a long old drive!
Still not booked anywhere to stay saturday night yet, as we are waiting to see if we are all going for the same place.

Myself, Sam, Jordan and John will be staying at the Mercure Swansea using the special Mercure's 40th birthday rate, which includes breakfast.

Planning to get to Oakwood by 12.00noon and doing a few hours at Brean on Sunday and possibly Weston Pier (leaving mid afternoon).

:)

Unfortunately due to logistical and financial reasons I can no longer make this, which is rather ironic considering I started the topic. Apologies for the poor organisation.

Rob said:
Unfortunately due to logistical and financial reasons I can no longer make this, which is rather ironic considering I started the topic. Apologies for the poor organisation.

Shame. I was hoping more people were attending judging by the size of the topic!

:(

Ok, we have just booked our room. :) Not sure if we will be joining you for Brean or not, but I wouldn't mind if Hils is willing to detour. May as well turn a one credit trip in to a four credit trip! :p (Though obviously that is nothing compared to your 95 credit trip, Dan!)

Woo, Oakwood! :D

DiogoJ42 said:
Ok, we have just booked our room. :) Not sure if we will be joining you for Brean or not, but I wouldn't mind if Hils is willing to detour. May as well turn a one credit trip in to a four credit trip! :p (Though obviously that is nothing compared to your 95 credit trip, Dan!)

Woo, Oakwood! :D

I only plan at staying in Brean for 3-4 hours anyway, as I want to get back home for 6ish as it's work on the Monday.

I'm fluttering my eyelids at her, but all I'm getting in response is "we'll see".

I'm going to try to make oakwood really would enjoy the day

Forget what I said its a 4 hour drive

I'm thinking about it too.... Will evaluate finances after this weekend :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Please do join if you fancy it!

Oakwood till 10pm is always great.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

A bit last minute, but Ste and I currently have plans for this weekend that may fall through. If they do, I'm going to try and pester him to come. I've wanted to go to Oakwood for a while. :)