• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

MINI MEET: Oakwood and Cardiff, 31st August-1st September 2013

Amy_D said:
A bit last minute, but Ste and I currently have plans for this weekend that may fall through. If they do, I'm going to try and pester him to come. I've wanted to go to Oakwood for a while. :)

You're very welcome - we're staying at the Swansea Mercure, as it's a bit too far there/back in a day!

:)

AstroDan said:
Amy_D said:
A bit last minute, but Ste and I currently have plans for this weekend that may fall through. If they do, I'm going to try and pester him to come. I've wanted to go to Oakwood for a while. :)

You're very welcome - we're staying at the Swansea Mercure, as it's a bit too far there/back in a day!

Thanks :) After last weekend I can't wait for another meet!

Are you staying just Saturday night? We don't know about our weekend plans yet but I had a look at hotels today and there's loads of availability so we can book last minute.

Amy_D said:
AstroDan said:
Amy_D said:

Thanks :) After last weekend I can't wait for another meet!

Are you staying just Saturday night? We don't know about our weekend plans yet but I had a look at hotels today and there's loads of availability so we can book last minute.

5 of us are staying Friday and Saturday. There's others just staying Saturday.

I will be driving down later this afternoon.

We are hoping to be there before lunch time. Since I don't finish work till 23:15, then have to share a cab home with god knows how many people from the wrong side of London, there's no way we will be leaving tonight! :p

I'm still pretty gutted that I can't make this any more. Hope you all have a great time though!

I had a great time yesterday :D Thank you everybody!

Ste and I loved Speed! I was really surprised. Expected it to be mediocre but it was really fun. Megafobia completely shocked me the first time! Couldn't believe how rough it was and my seat belt buckle jabbed me in the leg leaving a huge bruise! I went on it four times though, and loved it more each time, although I did the back row on the last go and the force with which you land back in your seat after each bout of airtime....ouch! Great fun though, always came off out of breath and laughing.

The other rides we did were OK, except for Spooky 3D but that was spoilt for me by the idiots in the queue in front of us. Drenched was good, and had the added bonus of them providing free ponchos on the platform. I enjoyed it so much more as I didn't get...erm...drenched! Also enjoyed the gorgeous ride host with Sam :-[

The end of the day was fantastic. The park was open until gone 10pm, with a fireworks and laser show. Loved repeated rides on Megafobia in the dark, and the fireworks were fantastic. We topped it off with a group photo in front of Drenched which was lit up beautifully.

Thanks again to everyone there for a great day :D