• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Monorail Refurbishment

I miss the theatre I used to associate with the monorail. It was a journey in itself.

We arrive in the car park, weary and far from the park entrance. But look! A private monorail circling above our heads to take us to our final destination. That’s a large queue though… no matter! Train after train after train arrives and the queue never stops shuffling forward as we see previews of the day ahead on the CRTs above We’re getting closer.

Up in the station we’re greeted and batched into our designated spots as the train comes rolling in. Doors open, we sit, doors close and we’re off! No dilly dallying here. It’s clear they want us in the park as soon as possible to start our day.

Following a brief transit over the car park we suddenly break through the trees into the park itself. Air to the left, Nemesis to the right. If we’re lucky the trains are hurtling under the monorail as we glide over.

More trees, what’s next? What was that? A house? More trees. Another rollercoaster! Look how fast those boats are rushing down the river. We’re treated to more views of the rapids around a tranquil pond before entering our final tree portal out into another car park.

It’s a jarring transition. But the monorail has one final trick up its sleeve, a crescendo! The train snakes left then right, and bang! Out the window is one of, if not the best view in the park. An elevated view of Towers Street with a sprawling lake in the background, and to top it off the Towers in the distance. It’s unique. This is where we’ll begin our day in just a few seconds.

Offloading is just as painless as boarding and we leave the monorail with what’s to come fresh in our minds, and as a result we’re excited.

We didn’t need our trains to look like cows or fields of daisies. We didn’t need whimsical commentaries over a questionable av system. It was dated, sure, but what we took away from our time on the monorail had nothing to do with appearance. What made the monorail special wasn’t its exterior but the excitement it stirred. It was a literal hype-train.

-

I guess I write that in such a way as to demonstrate the stark contrast between what we had and what we have.

The monorail of today evokes nothing described above. What was once a thrilling prelude to the day is now a sad and uninspiring journey, a shocking disappointment.

I recently went with my family and all I felt during our monorail experience was second-hand embarrassment. The train that once built anticipation now feels like a relic of missed opportunity.

Bit of a weird post… got a little deeper than intended when I started typing :sweatsmile:

One thing the park could invest in to help speed up walking between the entrance and the car park to ease any pressure on the monorail as it comes to the end of it's life is installing Travelators on the pathways to the park.

I've seen this at Europa Park and think it could benefit Towers' guest experience

One thing the park could invest in to help speed up walking between the entrance and the car park to ease any pressure on the monorail as it comes to the end of it's life is installing Travelators on the pathways to the park.

I've seen this at Europa Park and think it could benefit Towers' guest experience
I think they did repave some of it over last closed season so the path so now all ashphalt (I think it caused roumours of the monorail closing)