• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Morecambe Frontierland site.

I bung in 50p and want a place on the board. Thanks ;)
As for the site itself the council will do one of three things. A) cheap funfair from showman B) Luxury houses C) leave it empty.

If the Eden Project goes ahead they will lose a lot of event space that they use for funfairs and various festivals. The area that was the Dome and Bubbles is pretty grim these days.

Suspect some of it will become car parking of some kind.

Was it ever called Pleasureland @rob666 ?

OK Rick...subtle.
Frontierland you blithering idiot!
First time for everything, edit topic title button!
Edit...I can remember it becoming Frontierland, but what was it called before?
I even did the other two fairs in Morecambe...Bare Park (before Wombles Burrow/Blobbyland) and the Winter Gardens one.
Double edit...Originally West End Amusement Park.

Last edited:
OK Rick...subtle.
Frontierland you blithering idiot!
First time for everything, edit topic title button!
Edit...I can remember it becoming Frontierland, but what was it called before?
I even did the other two fairs in Morecambe...Bare Park (before Wombles Burrow/Blobbyland) and the Winter Gardens one.
Double edit...Originally West End Amusement Park.

I think Frontierland may have been called 'Morecambe Pleasure Park' at some point. Or maybe that was somewhere else in Morecambe. I only say that because I saw that name on one of those old round pebbledash bins that used to be everywhere. The bin in question was probably spotted in Southport Pleasureland. I'll have a photo of it somewhere. Yes I am that man, sad enough to take a photo of an amusement park bin.

Speaking of which, one of the B&Bs on the back roads behind BPB has one of the old Beaver Creek honey pot bins out the front. Anyone else done any bin spotting lately? I thought not.

EDIT: I was right about that bin! From a certain encyclopedia: "Frontierland originally operated as West End Amusement Park, Fun City and Morecambe Pleasure Park from 1906 to 1986 before being transformed into Frontierland for the 1987 season, in an attempt to defeat dwindling visitor numbers."

So Pleasure Park to Pleasureland wasn't that far from the mark.
Frontierland was the first wristband place at the seaside locally.
Texas Tornado all day...my first wristband...bit of coloured string and a waxy sticker.
Those were the days.

My good lady is watching "The Bay"...
I spotted the precise spot where I got my last souvenir...a metal fence post with "blob"...
And now, the poor demolition bloke won't get his clearance bonus because they found a twenty year old stiff on the site, bullet to the back of the head.
I didn't do it, and I didn't spot a mouldy stiff when I had a wander a few years ago.
Honest.