• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Morey's Pier: New GCI Woodie?

BigAl

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Forbidden Journey
Morey'sLogo.jpg

Home of FLY! - The Great Nor’Easter, The Great White, Sea Serpent and Ghost Ship, Morey's Pier may soon become home to a brand new wooden roller coaster from GCI, according to Screamscape...

2015?? - New Wooden Coaster - Planning - (1/14/13) The Morey’s talked a bit about the long in development wooden coaster planned to span the piers, which they expect to make a final decision on sometime over the Summer. Once construction starts, the huge project is expected to take about 18 months to complete, so we looking at a Mid-2015 opening at the earliest if they start work by the end of the year on the GCI ride. While the official name has not been selected, the Morey brothers did offer their own suggestions for possible names: The Boardwalk Flyer or The Wildwoody.

Sounds good to me!

:)

Well this topic's been a real firestarter! :p

Screamscape said:
2016?? - New Wooden Coaster - Planning - (2/21/14) While I’m sure many are wondering just when Morey’s is going to begin construction on this anticipated roller coaster project, the answer is not going to be what you are wanting to hear. According to Screamscape sources, the new wooden coaster is STILL only in the planning stage, and due to the huge investment involved Morey’s has not yet finalized any actual dates to begin work, or as to when they will be ready to open it. At this point I’m told that it will be at least 2016, at the earliest, before they are ready to open this project.

Here's the artwork though, looks pretty cool:

03Yfdun.jpg

I like the inevitably 'iconic' bridge between the piers.

Ooh that looks great! Pity it might take a while before it's open. :(