• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Most Intense Coasters

Brad97

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Montu
I was thinking today about how Nemesis is called "the world's most intense ride experience". Of course Nemesis is an extremely intense coaster, but is it the most intense in the world? Personally, I don't think so. The most intense coaster I have ridden is Kumba in the back row, which was incredibly forceful, almost a little too much.

So, what's the most intense coaster you have ridden?

Nemesis must be at the very pinnacle of 'intensity.'

There is nothing that springs to mind other than maybe Maverick before the changes (I didn't ride) or Manta's (Orlando) Pretzel Loop?

Maybe Kingda Ka or Top Thrill Dragster?

Kumba is quite intense, as are all of the old but gold B&M's IMHO. Still not on the scale of Nemesis.

Oh, maybe Olypia Looping?

Kingda Ka's launch is probably the most sustained intensity that I have experience on a coaster. I305 is also very intense in places.

Nemesis and Kumba are certainly up there too.

:)

As I've only got 39 coasters to choose from, it has to be Nemesis for me. But from having not ridden, I'd say I305 looks like the most intense coaster, closely followed by Skyrush, Maverick, Dodonpa and basically any airtime machine or launch coaster built by Intamin. I'd also say that Fury 325 looks like a pretty intense coaster. In terms of woodies, I'd probably say either El Toro or Lightning Rod looks like the most intense from not having ridden, as I only have Megafobia to choose from in terms of woodies. Which, in fairness to it, is pretty wild. Not necessarily intense, but wild.

Nemmie is amazing. It isn't just intense... it maintains the intensity through most of the course which is incredibly rare. What looks to be a small dropped feels incredible. The helix has an unbelievable amount of force.

The terrain, the theme, the music, the roar, the B and M quality, the layout, the G Forces, the intimidation. Everything is perfect.

24 years later and I'd still put it up against anything on earth and expect it to hold its own.

I don't think it could be any better. It's brilliant, we're bloody lucky to have it and if JW ever shows up in my local, there's a pint waiting for him.

Nemmie is amazing. It isn't just intense... it maintains the intensity through most of the course which is incredibly rare. What looks to be a small dropped feels incredible. The helix has an unbelievable amount of force.

The terrain, the theme, the music, the roar, the B and M quality, the layout, the G Forces, the intimidation. Everything is perfect.

24 years later and I'd still put it up against anything on earth and expect it to hold its own.

I don't think it could be any better. It's brilliant, we're bloody lucky to have it and if JW ever shows up in my local, there's a pint waiting for him.
I completely agree with you; that's why it's one of my top 5 coasters! Not the top, though. I do remember that one of the philosophies that JW designed the ride on was the philosophy of "Leave the best till last", which could be why Nemmy maintains its speed so well.

The launch on Formula Rossa is ludicrous, particularly in the front. The second half of The Ultimate is certainly one of the most aggressive parts of a roller coaster and in terms of never letting up, El Toro has to be up there.

If Goliath at 6FMM doesn't pull the most sustained Gs during the helix of forever (especially when the MCBR fails, as it did on one of my rides, but even with it having kicked in) then I'd be very surprised.
Also at 6FMM, X2 must be one of the most intense overall experiences out there?

I think X2 at SFMM is probably the most eye-popping thing I've ridden to date, but I hope to give Dodonpa a go before long. I tend to find launches excruciatingly uncomfortable.

Dodonpa is the craziest ride I've ever been on, the launch just seems to melt your face...

I have yet to go on anything that matches it for intensity!

Dodonpa is the craziest ride I've ever been on, the launch just seems to melt your face...

I have yet to go on anything that matches it for intensity!
Does the launch pull very high G's? Or is it more of a shock when it initially launches and how fast it launches? Not sure if that makes any sense at all, but oh well!

I would imagine that the launch is about as forceful as the average person would be able to withstand before greying / blacking out.

If you can imagine Rita's launch but about 10 times more powerful, that's similar to what you feel on Dodonpa.

It's just about worth the 3 hour queue...

I would imagine that the launch is about as forceful as the average person would be able to withstand before greying / blacking out.

If you can imagine Rita's launch but about 10 times more powerful, that's similar to what you feel on Dodonpa.

It's just about worth the 3 hour queue...
Wow!

They've also increased the speed and acceleration with the recent refurb, so I can only imagine what it must be like now!

The new Dodonpa launch is intense but the rest of the ride is not very good. I find Skyrush, El Toro & Eejanika more intense than Dodonpa as they are intense from start to finish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

For me 'intensity' its a ride that feels fast, a bit out of control, pulls hi g's and makes you grab onto your restraint in a way you never thought you would...

- Nemesis always surprises me, and i do find myself going from arms in the air to holding the handles after the zero g roll, I think it does tick all the boxes for an intense experience

- X2 was one of the most weird out of control rides i've ever experienced, I found myself more confused than exhilarated though, still amazing

- Kingda Ka's launch was truly intense, a very exhilarating ride, if you start your day with that one you really don't need a coffee

- El Toro is just pure bliss and fun, not so intense but those tight helixes at the end do get you, as well as Goliath at SFMM final helix which makes some people pass out!

-Special shoutout to Oblivion, dropping into that misty hole is still something truly unique!