• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Movie Park Germany

Looks good fun, no doubt there's plenty of nods and winks to plenty of film franchises.

Still annoyed I only had about 4 hours when I visited the park in 2019 so didn't really have enough time to see and do everything.

I thought this might have a freefall drop track?
Yeah, I thought that too, actually.

For a Multidimensional Coaster, it doesn’t actually have that much trick track besides possibly the turntable. And even that’s very simple in comparison to the drop track, or even something like the tilt track on Gringotts.

I was also waiting for the drop and have to admit was kind of let down it didn't happen. Not that most guests will care but this ride felt like it was made for a sudden drop.

Other than that very impressed. Lots of content and an actual narrative for a coaster. There's a lot of effects with their mechanism on show but I feel that's intentional as a "behind the movie" ride.

Looks a bit dull if you ask me. Some nice sets here and there but the ride as a whole just seems to lack a wow factor. Not overly impressed tbh.

The coaster itself looks bang average, but the theming and sets are very nice indeed. No doubt something you need to ride to fully appreciate, definitely a nice addition to the park.

I think the important thing to remember here is that I get the impression this was more intended to be a dark ride with coaster elements than a coaster with dark ride elements in the vein of something like Van Helsing, so there was naturally never going to be loads of coastery stuff.

Admittedly, I was perhaps expecting a trick track of some sort (e.g. a drop track) with it being a Multidimensional Coaster, but I think that for what it ultimately is, the ride looks excellent!

It's a perfectly acceptable and forgettable ride from the videos and pictures I have seen. Nobody is going to come off that thing really disappointed nor is anyone going to be blown away. Think it's just a nice filler family coaster that fits in with the park.

Certainly doesn't look like it's going to be the best ride at the park.

Some of the theming looks really good, yet in other areas, it smacks of cheap materials ("build quality"). Also quite a lot of shed exposed in some areas, yet the rest appears to have had all the sightlines considered? It really does look like a mixed bag.

Admittedly, I was perhaps expecting a trick track of some sort (e.g. a drop track) with it being a Multidimensional Coaster, but I think that for what it ultimately is, the ride looks excellent!
Was always since the start announced that the Multi Dimensional aspect was this turn table element/trick track.
Same element the future Efteling circus coaster was/is planned to have. Just the issues with getting the expansion land meant this has opened first.

Looks fun enough. Wasn't expecting the launch tbh so that'll probably catch some people off guard.

RMC Bandit next please then they might have a top quality ride.

RMC Bandit next please then they might have a top quality ride.
That’s a nice suggestion, and one I’d certainly be on board with, but the park has apparently rejected the idea, as they are a family park that wants to solely target the family market.

That’s a nice suggestion, and one I’d certainly be on board with, but the park has apparently rejected the idea, as they are a family park that wants to solely target the family market.

It doesn't need inversions or obscene pops of air time. Just a re-track would suffice and it would make the world of difference with smoothness.

It doesn't need inversions or obscene pops of air time. Just a re-track would suffice and it would make the world of difference with smoothness.
I guess the park could feasibly make a milder RMC if they wanted to; maybe something like the recently announced family hybrid coaster?

But my point is that the park was previously asked about RMCing Bandit, and they completely threw out the idea of it ever happening because they are a family-focused park.

They ought to reconsider. RMC are able to build perfectly good coasters without inversions and balls-to-the-walls thrills (see Lightning Rod. Just ignore the fact it has four earth-shattering air time moments one after another).

They ought to reconsider. RMC are able to build perfectly good coasters without inversions and balls-to-the-walls thrills (see Lightning Rod. Just ignore the fact it has four earth-shattering air time moments one after another).
RMC have also arguably built some milder coasters than LRod; I know it has inversions, but look at something like Six Flags Over Georgia’s Twisted Cyclone. That’s RMC’s smallest coaster; only 100ft tall, and 2,400ft long, so hardly an extreme behemoth of a ride by any means! It even utilised a ride with the same base layout as Bandit (the Cyclone layout), so I imagine that RMC could easily work their magic on a milder ride at Movie Park Germany if they wanted to!

I’d be more than up for RMC Bandit, but the park doesn’t seem to want to, because as I’ve said, they consider themselves a “family park”, so don’t want to build thrill rides anymore. This is likely why Movie Park Studio Tour seems to be a somewhat milder ride in comparison to something like Van Helsing.

Last edited:
The park's only close neighbours live directly beside Bandit. From what I've heard they'd not get new permits for a replacement/major changes to that site for the time being.
A proper full retrack and new trains would great though but I imagine its a question of money. Their annual retrack small parts one after another haven't helped much imo.