• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Movie Park Germany

A

Anonymous

Just seen this posted on Movie Park Germany's Facebook page.

Hi friends,

As you have probably noticed, "The Bandit" is currently out of service. For this purpose we would like to explain briefly why.

Before the season starts in 2013 there is every attraction controls, all were normal - even with our wooden roller coaster. In the course of the season but we have to find that the driving experience is no longer in line with our desired requirements. Thus we have decided to close the attraction to make some improvements. Only when these tasks are completed, "The Bandit" may go into operation.

Greetings,

Your MPG Team

*Hopes for Rocky Mountain Coasters Re-build*

Re: Movie Park Germany Close Bandit

Haha, I kinda loved Bandit, in a really dreadful way.

It's actually quite fun, as a bit of an endurance test. It's definitely not a boring ride, and nowhere near unbearably painful.

Sounds like this is more minor, unplanned work than a proper rethink by RMC or GCI. :)

It was bouncy but nowhere near the worst woodie I had been on.

Hope they sort it asap!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Movie Park Germany - New Dark Ride?

Move Park's next attraction, according to Loopings, may be a Thor themed dark ride (the following was translated by Google)...

hamer151113.jpg

2014 should be a remarkable year for Movie Park Germany. For although last year it was announced that the plan for a massive new roller coaster is canceled , it appears the German film park or another major attraction in store for us to have. At least that's what director Wouter Dekkers claims. "There's something beautiful out where we can be very proud" , he tells Looopings. So far only sure where the ride is going to come: in a large shed near the entrance. Dekkers: "Furthermore, we say nothing if it were up to me, we propose the publication as long as possible.." False hope, because everything indicates that Moviepark the secret accidentally reveals itself already. The Internet is constantly spoken of 'ein Hammer Ride', German for 'a nice attraction. But it is also a not too subtle reference to Thor's Hammer in the Norwegian colleague park Tusenfryd: a three-dimensional dark ride on Germanic god of thunder Thor. The pilot in Movie Park lends itself perfectly for. That also means for retrieving from film hero Thor to be. paid no copyright The thunder is indeed a duty-free figure from the Germanic antiquity . It is for Wouter Dekkers hope that we are wrong, otherwise we are ruining scoop already. But it is certain that a Movie Park Germany attraction of this level can use pretty good.

Looopings reports that the planned 'megacoaster' was been cancelled, in favour of a high budget family ride for 2014. :)

Screamscape said:
2014 - New Attraction - Rumor - (1/14/14) A new attraction is on the way to Movie Park Germany this year, replacing the old Movie Magic Hall. So far the park has denied early rumors claiming that it would be a new dark ride, similar to Thor’s Hammer at Tusenfryd. Construction has started and you can find a few pictures here. The only hint given from by the park so far was that it would be an expensive and unique new attraction not seen anywhere else before with “primitive times creatures”. Kind of sounds like Dinosaurs, but the park already has an Ice Age attraction… so anyone else have any ideas?

Some work also happening to Bandit's track as well this winter by the looks of it, which is good news as anybody whose been on it will know!

Teaser construction photo from MPG's Facebook:

1601071_688715027840421_1100880639_n.jpg

And a few hours ago, they posted this blog entry.

MPG's blog via Google Translate said:
Hello backstage friends

long enough we let you "fidget", now we will reveal step by step our novelty.
Much of course you have already heard about us:

- It is located in the Movie Magic Halls
- It has something to do with primal beings
- Mid-season 2014 will be opened
- Investment in millions
- Last but not least: it is the hammer ;-)

We have already pointed our pencil to you to deliver a brand new image in the next few days.
stay tuned ...

But now you are asking, you will already smarter from these images?

I'm guessing the 'hammer' bit is lost in translation, unless it's a Huss Topple Tower which is unlikely. Does anyone else have any ideas from the construction photos at the link above?

Sam said:
I'm guessing the 'hammer' bit is lost in translation, unless it's a Huss Topple Tower which is unlikely. Does anyone else have any ideas from the construction photos at the link above?

A quick google suggests that "Hammer" is 'young' slang for cool or awesome. So it is going to be awesome!

The park have now announced the ride-

It will be a darkride by Riva Digital, using Simworx' Immersive Tunnel: http://www.simworx.co.uk/immersive-tunnel/

This is essentially a copy of the King Kong 360 system from Universal studios Hollywood. There is no name or opening date yet, the artwork shows a Dino theme, with the styling very similar to king Kong's. Having been on the King Kong 360 attraction last year, it should be a great addition for Movie Park.

Looks like it's open (Or has at least had a press opening the other week)! I have to say the start is all very Sub-Terra.

I'm a little disappointed with how anti-climactic the simulator section is. It does seem to end rather abruptly, though at least there is one last little touch right at the very end. It goes some way to making up for it, though I think it could perhaps be better.

It's a shame as it starts out really quite promising if you ask me, but really fizzles out at what should be one of the most important parts of the attraction.

Look OK I think.

I know its ignorant, but after seeing that makes me realize how glad I am that UK parks do not have multilingual commentary. Definitely detracts from the experience.

Another point, considering its in a park called "Movie Park" the animation seems very amateur & not very fluid.

BUMP!

We've been here before, but Looopings are reporting that Movie Park Germany are planning a big new coaster for 2017:
Looopings said:
Movie Park Germany wants 45 meter high new roller coaster in 2017

Roller coaster fans look forward to the future of Movie Park Germany. The German film theme park will open in 2017 in a spectacular rollercoaster of up to 45 meters high. That is about as high as the Goliath Walibi Holland.

What rollercoaster type the Germans exactly have in mind, they will not say. It is now clear that there is an application filed with the municipality to change the zoning. Actually Movie Park may not build structures higher than 18 meters.

The park Spanish group Parques Reunidos, owner of Movie Park, has already given the green light for the expansion. We are currently investigating how much noise would bring the roller coaster with them. TÜV has already calculated that adding probably not cause for exceeding the standard values.

The new coaster should be placed near the main entrance. In 2012, there were already plans to put a giant roller coaster there. The construction of that attraction was canceled for budgetary reasons.

Let's hope something materialises this time. The height equates to roughly 150ft so a lot of fun can be had with that. I think we're probably all hoping that this might be a Mack! Failing that a crazy Intamin airtime machine wouldn't go amiss.

:)

Not before time. I always liken Movie Park to Drayton Manor; loads of perfectly acceptable rides and a few very good ones, but really in need of a decent thrill coaster to head the lineup. Let's hope it happens!

Reactions: Sam
Let's hope they torch bandit and install something decent there, maybe the new coaster

In a bit of a bump for this topic, reported today on Wonder World Web, it seems the park is pushing on with this new coaster for 2017. According to their sources park owners 'Parques Reunidos' have today given the green light on the coaster project and with a budget of 10 Million, 2017 will see the park install a 38 meter high launch coaster from Mack Rides!

ob_0ec64f_thumb-mpgmack2.jpg

Not sure how official the accompanying image is, however it does show that the ride will be built on the land immediately behind the parks main entrance plaza, which will be sure to provide a fantastic backdrop for guests entering the park.

Personally, this is exactly what the park needs to push it forwards, they took a step in the right direction back in 2011 with Van Helsing's Factory to move away from poor off the shelf/rough coasters, now this should hopefully provide them with a great family thrill headline attraction!

If that image is official then the layout doesn't look the best but for €10 million you can't really complaim! This is exactly what the park needs and it would certainly get me back.

Once again I say, UK parks take note.

:)

This would easily inspire me to go back. It'd be nice for the park to have a decent thrill coaster that doesn't attempt to distort your body.