• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Movie Park Germany

I have no hopes for the theming of this ride. All the newer attractions are just slapped together with cheap theming, and the supposed re-theme of the rapids was beyond atrocious. This is a park that boasts a Universal-esque entrance, blended with Merlin levels of poor quality, cheap vinyl theming.

Not that just having a supplier on board is any surefire guarantee (they will only be able to do as much as the budget permits them to), but it appears from RCDB that this coaster has the same company behind Van Helsing working on the theming.

A look at their profile also lists a number of projects with Europa (including Arthur and Blue Fire) as well as Toverland (Dwervelwind), Walibi Holland and Efteling as being attributed to them. Hopefully gives a little more promise, but like I say, money talks.

They also have the same company involved with their retheme of the rapids, so I don’t hold much hope

I’m glad they aren’t going for an IP as hopefully it means a bit more budget, but not sure how on Earth this is going to work, I just hope the scenes are decent enough and it’s not simply a dark warehouse with a random rollercoaster that has every trick going, just not doing it that well.

A company can only work with the budget provided.

The park itself definitely needs work, it was a strange hodge podge before and by the sounds of it, it hasn't improved.

http://starparc.be/2020/08/une-nouvelle-grande-attraction-a-movie-park-germany-en-2021.html

Some pictures from inside the ride building of the new coaster. Plenty of shots on there.

Obviously we don't have the full picture yet and theme but it does seem a bit samey to Van Helsing's Factory. I hope it's different enough to actually warrant a second indoor dark coaster.

This or perhaps Van Helsing's is exactly the type of coaster Towers should build next when it's time for a new coaster IMO. I think if they are to continue down the more coasters and no flats route then a world class indoor coaster could be a great addition to the park.

Excellent! Another clearly heavily themed family dark ride is exactly what Movie Park needs. I feel a real affinity with the place. :hearteyes:

I think a van helsing style indoor coaster would be a good bet to replace Tomb blaster at Chessington.

I agree.

We have a horrible climate so more UK parks should invest in indoors attractions. Not only does it give your guests a chance to stay out of the rain but surely it must help the track and props / themeing with a roof over them.

The Smiler is obviously a better coaster than the Black Hole was but I do miss that ride.

I really think it would be a shame to lose Tomb Blasters ride system as it's so unique. With the right budget behind it there's still potential for it to be a great story driven ride.

However I also think a ride like Van Helsing would be perfect for Chessignton. It wouldn't be too expensive for them to build a new show building somewhere else, giving them +1 Coaster and +1 Dark Ride. That'd really improve the parks line up.

Nice short video about Lethal Weapon Pursuit (later Cop Car Chase), the unique Intamin duelling coaster built by Giovanola - a ride which I would have loved to have experienced. Sadly, by the time I visited MPG, it had gone.

I’ll admit I’m rather looking forward to seeing what this is like; the theming looks excellent so far, and if Thirteen and Gringotts are anything to go by, then the Intamin Multidimensional Coaster should provide an excellent ride system for the attraction, as both of those attractions are really good fun in their own individual ways!

We now have a POV online courtesy of Ride Review:

Looks absolutely excellent, on the whole! Bits of it could perhaps do with a touch more theming instead of a black wall, if I were to be very picky, but on the whole, it looks absolutely superb, in my opinion; top job, Movie Park!

The ride is soft opening on 23rd June.
P.S. Sorry for double posting!

It looks decent. Movie Park is one of those places where they do some nice theming within sight lines - it's probably less good if you look anywhere else. Shame the park generally is just a bit soul-less and much of it remains pretty clapped out.

I thought this might have a freefall drop track?