• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Movieland Italy: relocated Vekoma suspended boomerang (NOT a GIB)

Sam

TS Member
Screamscape said:
2014 - Vekoma Invertigo - On Site - (10/21/13) I’m told that the former Invertigo coaster from Six Flags America once known as Two-Face: The Flip Side will reappear in Movieland Park for 2014. The parts and pieces are already on site and can be seen by clicking here.

Here's the link. Seems like quite a big step for this little park!

bCHZOP4.jpg

And here's what it looked like before...

O1yiliS.jpg

Not a bad investment. It seems a like decent little park with some good themeing. Hopefully, this will have some good themeing =)

Artwork from 'The Blog of Fabio Amicabile' (Caneva World Resort CEO):

invertigo-roller-coaster-movieland-skyline-2015-canevaworld-resort-caneva-aquapark-.jpg

(open it in a new tab for a better view)
Friends, first of all I take this opportunity to wish everyone a happy Christmas voii and at the same time take the opportunity to "make it official" the new Skyline (sky line) of Caneva World Resort in 2015! Surely you can see the inclusion of a unique and innovative roller coaster Vekoma Manufacturing (project called Invertigo, which will allow guests to experience the thrill of the roller coaster ride even backwards), which will stand at the side of the chute Stukas. For me, this project represents a change of gear that will allow us to aspire to new heights! Well I could say that promises a good two years!

Merry Christmas to all, Fabio

Am I right in thinking this is the only Vekoma Invertigo (or any Vekoma, come to think of it) with the face-to-face style trains? I assume the problems that Six Flags have with this ride have been sorted now? :p

In October 2007, the ride unexpectedly stopped on one of the vertical lift hills. When one of the ride attendants attempted to rescue the riders, the train unintentionally moved back into the station and ripped a pipeline that carried hydraulic fluid. This hot fluid sprayed onto the faces of the riders, causing them minor injuries that required two people to go to a local hospital, in addition ten victims were treated at the scene for back and neck injuries. Before the fluid sprayed, one of the riders (about 40 minutes into the situation) used their cell phone to dial 9-1-1 in request of assistance from Prince George's County rescue teams. Six Flags America officials stated that the ride had been inspected that same day and was clear of any problems; however, Maryland investigators said that the newer technology of roller coasters of the 2003-era feature technology that is more difficult to comprehend than older models, thus making it almost impossible to find the cause of the incident. Maryland's Department of Labor, Licensing, and Regulation ordered the closure of the ride including retaining the certificate of operation for the ride, until the ride could be proven safe, which never occurred. Eventually it was noted that a safety sensor had malfunctioned and caused the coaster to stall and unexpectedly jolt back to the station. For the 2008 season, the ride sat not in operation while the investigation continued, although due to the many breakdowns of the ride, it was put up for sale and eventually bought by an unknown client. By 2009, the ride had been dismantled (its current whereabouts are sitting somewhere in Italy, until announced by new park Movieland Park), and the site remains vacant as of 2012 with a video game advertisement and the former station.
(source)

Wow, a very dormant thread! Have just booked a villa near Gardaland in Italy for summer & noticed we are 3km away from Movieland Studios too! It looks worth a visit (a lot of the attractions look like dupes from other parks 😂) - has anyone been? I've heard very little about it!

It's certainly unique.

Only the coasters are fairly run of the mill clones really. The U-571 Submarine and Magma are the stand-outs in my view, and the waterpark is apparently incredibly sketchy.

Cheesey quality to it. Like you ordered Universal Studios from Wish.

Hasn't it also got one of those terrifying looking 1st gen Intamin drop towers?

Movieland was really fun when I went! Obviously it’s no match for Gardaland, but it does have good Universal/Disney Hollywood Studios VIBES - agreed that it’s like a discount version 🤣

The ‘Hollywood Action Tower’ was my favourite ride there - genuinely scary! Diabolik Invertigo was surprisingly good too.

Another thing worth mentioning (if it is still there) is the Horror House at the front of the park - that was decent as a scare maze.

Another good thing is you can get tickets to both Movieland and Caneva Aquapark, and there is a gate between both parks so you can easily hop between rather than having to leave them. Makes it a good way of wearing a swimming costume for the horrendously wet submarine ride thing.

As for the waterpark, I really enjoyed it. It feels like a knock-off version of Typhoon Lagoon but still holds its own. There are some really fun slides like Twin Peaks (terrifying) and the Crazy River. But, as mentioned above, there are some slides that made me hurt or left me wondering how it’s even legal. Ones I’d avoid going on are things like Super Splash (a front-laying mat slide that makes you jump into the water at the end and almost takes your head off) and Typhoon (zero control of your body position going down it and questionable water levels at the end).

Finally - there are some interesting sounding restaurants outside the front of the park (not tried them though), and one of the highlights was the Margaritas bar terrace out front too. Pretty good cocktails and a nice chill way of ending the park day. Again - it’s like a knock-off Margaritaville.

Tl;dr = a fun park worth a visit with a selection of good rides, shows (Rambo show!!) and a much slower and more relaxed pace than Gardaland. Lots of knock-off rides and attractions from Universal and Disney, but this doesn’t put any negative effect on the place - it’s good fun!

Movieland was really fun when I went! Obviously it’s no match for Gardaland, but it does have good Universal/Disney Hollywood Studios VIBES - agreed that it’s like a discount version 🤣

The ‘Hollywood Action Tower’ was my favourite ride there - genuinely scary! Diabolik Invertigo was surprisingly good too.

Another thing worth mentioning (if it is still there) is the Horror House at the front of the park - that was decent as a scare maze.
seconded on all three of the above points. all three of these attractions were better than expected.