• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

MTV US Inbetweeners Remake

^They'll probably use 'Football Friend', but instead, use it to refer to American Football.

Instead of saying "Briefcase wanker" they'll probably say "Briefcase douchebag"

This is gonna suck

:(

mrbrightside said:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 890&type=1

This is why we can't have nice things...

307049_478656055481307_2052064246_n.jpg

Anyone else think this will be ruined?
Fake Simon looks like the cool, confident kid, when he's supposed to be neurotic, average and out of touch with 'cool'. Fake Will's 'geekiness' is too exaggerated. Fake Neil is clearly trying too hard to look a bit simple and spaced-out. Fake Jay is simply a mess, he's fat and looks stupid. How is he supposed to pull off his role as the one who blags about being successful with girls and being cool when he looks like that?

It's all so awful.

Eddie said:
Kill me.
Instead of saying "Briefcase wanker" they'll probably say "Briefcase douchebag"

This is gonna suck

:(
Kill me.

There are some really good American programs such as "how I met your mother" and "the big bang theory" but I think this will be a shambles !!

Jonathan said:
Hang on. Is fake Will wearing chinos?

I've lost all faith in humanity. :/
Look like trousers to me.

Will's the least of my worries. It's what they've done to the others that worries me. Simon being ripped, Neil being a stoner and Jay being...whatever that is.

Is it just me or does Fake Jay actually look like a bald 40 year old trucker with a Jay wig on?

Let's compare the cast shall we

UK Simon: (Joe Thomas)

joe-thomas.jpg

US Simon (Bubba Lewis)

bubba-lewis-world-premiere-on-wild-hogs-15O8PW.jpg

UK Will: (Simon Bird)

inbetweeners_interview4.jpg

US Will: (Joey Pollari)

joey-pollari.jpg

UK Neil: (Blake Harrison)

file.ashx

US Neil: (Mark L Young)

Mark-Young.jpg

UK Jay: (James Buckley)

buckley.jpg

US Jay: (Zack Pearlman)

Zack+Pearlman+Premiere+Screen+Gems+Easy+Arrivals+4nCtk-MQ-53l.jpg

What an awful cast choice! They look nothing like their UK counterparts! :(

I'm printing out their pictures, ordering a set of darts and enrolling on a voodoo course as we speak.

No. This is not right, it's an abomination.

I am NOT impressed. What the hell does the US version of Neil look likr???

All of them, in fact!

Fetch me my axe!

The reason this will fail is the same reason that shows like Skins US and Shameless US failed. Everything about why it's funny and why it works is because it's so true to it's audience. The Inbetweeners was funny because we've all been there, or at least know people who have; it was very relevant to British people. the US can take these shows and change the setting to suit their audience as much as they like, if you're not going to change the scripts or the plots it wont fit right.

I was thinking the other day. [Dangerous I know] ;)

What are they going to say instead of "Bus W*nkers?"

Bus Tossers?
Bus Lamers?
Bus Losers?

I pray the yanks get this right at least!

LewisNavex said:
I was thinking the other day. [Dangerous I know] ;)

What are they going to say instead of "Bus W*nkers?"

Bus Tossers?
Bus Lamers?
Bus Losers?

I pray the yanks get this right at least!

Lewis, I can't imagine a American saying the word "Tosser", so that's a no no :(

I can't imagine what Simon's car would look like, it would probably be crap, but in a fancy way :(