• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

MTV US Inbetweeners Remake

Jonathan said:
I gave up after watching 25 seconds of the trailer.

Kill me now.

I watched all of it, It's terrible. The episodes are copied! They copied the Thorpe episode, The trip to Swanage, the Bunk Off episode and the Work experience episode!

Oh, and if I hear "Soccer friend", I will kill myself

483px-Brett_Gelman_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg

I present to you Brett Gelman, Who will be playing the US Mr.Gilbert

Please Kill me...

Eddie said:
Jonathan said:
I gave up after watching 25 seconds of the trailer.

Kill me now.

I watched all of it, It's terrible. The episodes are copied! They copied the Thorpe episode, The trip to Swanage, the Bunk Off episode and the Work experience episode!

Oh, and if I hear "Soccer friend", I will kill myself
I will state that whilst I think it is God awful... it would be clear that they would 'copy' the original first series as its easy for them to do. Look at any US remake of a British show and it will follow the format of the first series...

Basically, don't get at them for using the same ideas as that's normal, get at them for the whole thing being diabollical!

'Embedding disabled by request'. Well I' certainly not making the effort to go to Youtube to see it, so I guess I've spared myself.

Why are they even remaking it? Can Americans not understand British English?

I wouldn't mind these remakes if they were original in terms of storyline and plot.

The exact copycatting of lines, character names, stories and look of the show just puts me off entirely. I known America are well known to have done that to our shows but surly after the countless attempts of remakes they've one over the past decade they would have learned by now that it just does not work.

I dread to think what their version of bus w******s will be if they do the usual and tone it down. Anybody remember when they changed ''you take me for a complete James Blunt'' with ''you think I'm your b*tch don't you'' in Skins?

I died a little inside at that.

The concept for this show would work anywhere, but the way they're going about it I don't think it will work in the US.
The episodes seem to be kept as close to normal as they can with just some changes to fit the difference in culture. It'll just get written off as a "bad" show that people "don't get."

I could actually be ok, but they're trying to make a comedy work in which the situations and humor aren't applicable to the US! I'm sure John Wardley has said something before about humour in the UK being very different to the US.

In all honesty, I'm not the biggest Inbetweeners fan. I love the film, but the TV show made me cringe far too often (and I hate cringing). But God, this looks awful. They've turned Jay into a ginger Jonah Hill, for Christ's sake! I really don't see how this will take off in America, I know thy remake British stuff a lot but this is terrible even by their standards :/

This is a bland looking American remake of a moderately good TV show from a few years ago.

You're all acting like the production team have murdered your entire family. Nobody's going to stop you from watching the original, or force you to watch this one.

It doesn't look offensively bad, it just looks like a bland American teen gross-out comedy, like American Pie.

And shock horror! they've changed some of it because it's set in a different country where a lot of the self-deprecating stuff won't work due to their different and more aspirational school system.

What did you expect, a load of British school kids awkwardly transplanted into an American high school? :-\

Sam said:
What did you expect?

One of the following:

A) A remake that isn't just a blatant cut and paste Americanisation of an English TV show.

B) The country with the world's biggest film/entertainment industry to come up with their own ideas.

Adz95 said:
Sam said:
What did you expect?

One of the following:

A) A remake that isn't just a blatant cut and paste Americanisation of an English TV show.

B) The country with the world's biggest film/entertainment industry to come up with their own ideas.

That's what you wanted, not what you expected. They come up with plenty of their own ideas, including what is generally regarded as the best television in the world over the last ten years.

It's that's what you expected, you don't know much about remakes, which are usually crap. We've butchered American shows as well.

Sam said:
Adz95 said:
Sam said:
What did you expect?

One of the following:

That's what you wanted, not what you expected.

High expectations mate. ;)